meet davina |001

Author's note: Before I begin, feel free to call me out on any spelling mistakes.

In this chapter, you will get to know a little bit about miss Davina Alinec.

Hope you enjoy it! 

Davina's POV:

I can't help but let out a sigh, as it had been hours since my father has been driving me to this stupid boarding school called Sacred Heart Academy.

I stare blankly out my window and watch as the sky splits open to a storm, raindrops began careening in rivulets down on the surrounding trees. I never appreciated how captivating rain and nature are. This new world I enter may not be the same as the old world I was in, but there isn't much difference between them.

It has been 12 hours since we left my home in Los Angeles, California. And since my dad told me that it is time for me to go to Sacred Heart Academy for supernatural creatures.

I have known for a while now that I was supposed to be a vampire, but now was the time that I will actually become a vampire. It's complicated, but once you reach a certain age you start to, let's just say transition...

It wasn't certain that I would actually be a vampire until 24 hours ago, on my 17th birthday, a sudden hunger deep inside me craved a certain liquid. Only when I exposed that vampires are real in front of every one of my friends, that my birth dad finally payed attention to my existence.

My eyes water and my waterline stings as I hold back tears. Flashbacks of blood and lifeless bodies course through my brain relapsing over and over again. I brush the tear off my left cheek that managed to escape my cold, empty eyes.

I feel my whole body shudder at the thought of blood. I feel my cheeks start to warm when memories of how my lips were touching, sucking against my best friend Kelly's bloody neck, drawing out any remaining blood in her body after my father created her wound.

Screams of my friends Zane and Tristen begging me to stop filled my ears, but I kept going until her body went numb and I was the only one keeping her from collapsing to the floor.

I wince as I see the faces of my friends when I let go of her lifeless body and smile, still filled with pleasure.

I push away the thoughts and memories of my friends. Of what my father did to them. I put those thoughts into the back of my head. Somewhere deep into my mind with the rest of my traumatic memories.

I look to my left to see my dad, the only person I have ever loved. Though he is not my birth father, that doesn't change the love I have for him.

My birth father was never around because he was busy being the ruler of the 5th realm and being a part of the Centurion Order.

Based on what my dad has told me, the Centurion Order consists of each ruling couple from each of the five realms. Because I'm going to be a vampire, that qualifies me to be a possible candidate for the thrown. After today there is no way I will be a part of this stupid world.

Not after everything my father did.

"We are two hours away from the boarding school." My dad says interrupting me from my inner thoughts.