the transition |008

Holdens POV

One moment Davina is fine and talking, next thing I know she's falling towards the floor. I catch her before she hits her head against the floor.

"Fuck." I sneer.

"Jaxon get your fucking ass in here right now." I yell.

In a quick flash Jaxon and the others are in my room staring at unconscious Davina and I.

"She's almost done with her transition." Jade says.

Jaxon reaches for her but she burns him like earlier in the cafeteria.

"Fuck, she's doing that thing again. I can't touch her."

"It's fine I got her just fine." I glare back at him.

"How are we supposed to go about this, we don't actually know what she's mixed with." Maeve says.

"We have to look at the signs she's given us. She has heating abilities, and that's not something a Pureblood Royal Vampire can do." Jade answers.

"She could be a Firebird or Thunderbird. I mean look at her. Those are some of the rarest creatures in all realms. Fire bird would make sense as to why she's radiating heat off her body."

"I don't know." I say.

I know what she is. But I can't tell anyone yet.

"So what should we do."

"We have to treat this the same way we would for people who don't know if they are a hybrid or not." Jaxon looks at me with his arms crossed.

"I have an idea." Freya listens to my thoughts that I send her and opens my windows that lead out to the ocean.

"Follow us." Freya says.

We all walk to the water. Everyone but Freya, Davina and I stay on the sand.

We descend into the water. Freya kisses me, giving me the ability to breath underwater.

"Shouldn't you do the same for Davina" I think.

"Yeah I guess." She responds back

"Ok...." I look at her weird and then go back to paying attention to Davina.

"Davina I know this is going to be scary but everything will be okay." She doesn't respond but I hear her heart pound faster. She grips onto me harder until her grip gives way and her heart stops beating.

It's like losing her all over again.

I descend deep into the water until I'm fully under water with Freya by my side. Her legs change to a tail.

"We need to descend deeper into the water. If we don't it's not going to be good." I tell her and she grabs my arm while I'm still holding Davina.

At this point she's dead. No pulse, no breath, no more blood pumping throughout her body.

"We have to leave her here. Trust me." We stop at the bottom of the dark sea floor and Freya helps me back up to the surface.

Freya transforms back into her land form. I hand her my shirt so that she has something to cover her body with.

We walk back onto land where everyone stares at us confused.

"Where the fuck is she Holden. What did you do with her." He comes up to me and attempts to push me back.

"Just give it a moment." I tell him, standing by ground.

Right as I said that a loud boom comes from the ocean with an orange and yellow glow of light. It doesn't take me long to see Davina up in the air with her legs together and arms reaching out. She's fully naked since her clothes burned off.

This is when I knew she was reborn. And when I knew her memories would start to come back not long after this.

——————————

Okay so. This was unexpected hahahah