meeting the squad |002

I sit here and wonder where my life has gone. What happened to that happy little girl who had no worry in the world?

The innocent little girl who still ought to learn about life.

The girl before she knew how deeply dark life is.

How utterly tiring it is and how hard it would be just to get out of bed in the morning.

How you wish you could just drift away so that you couldn't hurt any more loved ones or get hurt yourself.

Oh, that poor little girl who had a big heart had no idea what was going to hit her.

How life was going to hurt her.

I watched the sun peek through the dark grey clouds showing parts of the blue sky. It's like how even in dark times light always manages to shine through. Even if it is a small little beam of light, that beam will grow and destroy that darkness.

But when was my beam of light going to shine through?

Was it ever going to or is the darkness only starting?

Was I coming to this school going to harm others?

Was it going to harm me and my loved ones?

Was it just my very existence endangering everyone around me?

I ask myself these questions as I wonder what my purpose is.

Why am I here?

Why is this happening to me?

_*_

Once the final bell rang, Jade, Maeve, Freya, Willow, and Lorelei all walked together back to their dorm discussing their new assignment, Davina.

"Oh come on aren't you at least a little curious what she'll be like?" Maeve says cheerfully, locking arms with Lorelei and Willow.

"Of course I am. I just hope she isn't super snobby being a princess and all," Lorelei says locking arms with Freya and Freya locking arms with Jade.

"I don't think she will be. I was told she lived in the human world because the king wanted to keep his eldest daughter a secret." Willow told while fixing her blonde pin-straight hair out of her face.

"That doesn't mean she won't be snobby." Freya huffs, stopping everyone before getting almost run over by a vampire fading.

"asshole" Freya murmured.

"well, that doesn't mean she will be," Jade responded, looking both ways making sure nobody else is gonna try and hit them.

"Do make sure to be careful talking about her around people. She is still supposed to be a secret. Not many people know the king even has a secret daughter." Willow whispered looking around at all the people walking around since class ended.

"Don't worry about it willow I already put a bubble around us so nobody else can hear us talking right now." Jade smiled proudly. Willow smiled back.

"I guess that makes us special since we are in that handful of people that know," Maeve beamed with a smirk on her face.

"Oh look at you all happy about feeling special." Lorelei smiles squeezing Maeve's arm.

"I wouldn't say special but it is our duty to keep her safe. That's why Principal Neil put her in our dorm and why she is rooming with Jade." Willow stated.

They all duck as their friend Jace flys above them shapeshifted as a mini dragon.

"Jace!" Jade yelled, breaking the hearing bubble but putting it back up again after.