Reunited

Robb wasn't sure when it was the last time he was awake. He actually wasn't sure he even was awake at all ever since he had been shot down during the battle at Oxcross. He was alive, though. At least, he thought so. He had heard voices a few times. A maester, at one point, he supposed, some of his soldiers, but neither of the ones he had wanted to hear. He hadn't heard his Mother yet. Or Dahlia. He hadn't heard them yet and he wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not. Were they still at Renly's camp? They had agreed on spending four days away at most. Did it mean it hadn't been four days yet? Or... Or had they encountered problems along the way? No... He couldn't think like that. They were alright. They had to be. They had gone to Renly's camp with soldiers to protect them, so they had to be alive.

But maybe... Maybe he wasn't. Robb wasn't sure. He had heard voices a few times when he had regained consciousness, but maybe he had heard the gods? Maybe he had died a long time ago and he just wasn't ready to wake up, yet. He didn't know. He wanted to know. He wanted to wake up already. Dead or alive, he wanted to wake up. So he tried. Gods, he tried. But it seemed like his body wouldn't let him.

That was, until he felt something in his arm. It was the left arm, he thought. A warm feeling in his arm, almost a caress. It almost immediately made him relax. He knew that touch, he was sure. He couldn't say from where, but he knew that touch. And he knew the voice talking around him too. That tone, he knew that tone. He couldn't quite make out the words, but he could tell the words were rushed, stumbling one over the other. She was nervous, he could tell. She was... That voice... Dahlia. Dahlia was there, she was back. And if she was there, than so was his mother. His mother... That was the touch. His mother was there. And so was Dahlia. He could feel them. He could hear them. They were there. They were safe. They were alive. He was alive. He needed to be alive.

Robb wasn't sure where the strength to wake up had come from, but, soon enough, he had jolted up right with a gasp and, not a second had gone by, without all three heads around him to turn in his direction.

"Robb..." Dahlia sighed, her chest heaving in relief as she rushed away from the Maester she had been talking to to kneel down beside his bed instead.

"Oh, my boy..." Catelyn cried out, her free hand moving to thread through his hair while her other continued to rub over his arm. "Oh, my son..."

"Robb, please, love... Just lay down again." Dahlia instructed, her hands pressing ever so lightly against his chest - always mindful of his wounds, of course - to get him to lay against his pillows again. "Rest, my love, please..."

And Robb didn't have the strength to argue with her. So, instead, he laid down once more, his eyes still wide open as he looked around for a moment, trying to understand what was going on.

"W-What... Where..."

"Robb." Catelyn called, her tone gentle, but her words firm. Her son turned his head to the woman on his left side and he saw the relief wash over her when his Tully blue eyes met his mother's matching ones. "You were hurt during the last battle, dear. An arrow to your chest. They say it missed your heart for some miracle."

"The maester says you've been sleeping for two whole days, my love." Dahlia said, her own voice sounding weak, weaker than Robb had ever heard it before. And he didn't like it at all. "He says... He says he didn't know if you were even going to wake up, he says..."

Dahlia let out a strangled sob, then, and Robb's whole expression softened as soon as his eyes fell on her. Raising a weak hand up, he caressed her cheek gently, smiling just a little when Dahlia nuzzled her face against his palm.

"I'm awake now, love." Robb said, sounding hoarse and broken, but he needed to assure his wife. She needed him now, just as much as he needed her. "I'm awake now."