Hard to trust

A/N: So this is the last chapter of this story, but a small epilogue is coming also! Let me know what you think of them!

Dahlia wasn't sure at that moment what hurt the most. The birth of her child or the words tumbling out of Jeyne's lips.

"You knew?" Robb asked, as soon as Jeyne admitted that she was, in fact, aware of the plot going on behind his back this whole time. "You knew all along?"

Dahlia could feel Robb tensing behind her and, as much as she felt angry as well, she was more scared for herself and her babe at the moment, so she whimpered as she squeezed Robb's hand in hers.

"Robb..." She called, causing her husband to stop glaring at Jeyne to look down at her instead.

"I'm here, my love." He whispered, placing a kiss to her temple as Dahlia groaned in pain again. "I'm right here with you. You're doing well. You're doing so well, I'm so proud of you, my love."

"You really are doing well, Dahlia." Jeyne assured from her place by Dahlia's legs. And she could feel Robb's glare on hers, but, at the moment, she chose to ignore it and just focus on her friend instead. "I can see the head. A few more pushes and your babe will be out."

"Jeyne..." Dahlia whimpered, bearing down when her stomach clenched again. "Jeyne..."

"I know..." Jeyne whispered, almost embarrassed as she rubbed a thumb on Dahlia's knees. "I can explain. If... If you let me."

"You betrayed us." Robb accused, as Jeyne shook her head.

"Your Grace..." Jeyne bit her lip. "No, I... I just..."

"You knew of the Frey's plot, didn't you?"

"I... I did. Some of it." Jeyne admitted. "But I did not... I never... I didn't..."

She was cut short by a scream of pure agony from Dahlia and, pushing all their differences aside, both Jeyne and Robb looked down at Dahlia again, Robb to calm her down as she pushed and Jeyne to try and help her out with the babe.

"Stop arguing." Dahlia spat as soon as the pain died down a little, glaring at Robb before turning her eyes to look at Jeyne instead. "Just tell me everything. Do not hide me anything. For... For any love you've ever bore me. Do not lie to me. Not again."

Jeyne flinched at Dahlia's harsh words, but nodded her head as she started speaking.

"The Freys decided to betray you as soon as Lord Renly's army dismantled after his death. At least... At least that's what I've heard."

"From whom?" Dahlia asked. "Who told you that."

"Not me." Jeyne shook his head. "They told my mother and father."

"Who?"

"Lord Bolton." Jeyne said. "When you arrived at the Craig, while... While you were unconscious from the battle, Lord Bolton and my parents conspired against you. Father said... He said he wasn't even sure if it was one of his men who shot an arrow at you... Or one of Bolton's."

"Bolton?" Robb frowned. "You mean... You mean to tell me Roose Bolton has been going behind my back ever since we took your castle?"

"Yes, your Grace." Jeyne nodded, looking down when Dahlia pushed again. "That was good. The babe is almost here, Dahlia. A few more."

"I'm tired." Dahlia whimpered. "I don't want to do this anymore."

"Just a few more, Dahlia, I swear it." Jeyne tried to sound reassuring. "Just a few more and your babe will be here."

Dahlia nodded at her encouragement, shuffling up on the bed a little against Robb as she prepared herself for the next few pushes she knew was coming.