Winter is coming

After the storm, the road for the Twins was an easy one - maybe a little slippery at times, maybe, but nothing that good horses and experienced riders couldn't take. Robb had, once again, split his time in between riding at the head of the party and following along with Dahlia, Jeyne and his Mother and, as much as Dahlia assured Robb that she was fine, this time she wasn't. She had always enjoyed riding, that much was true, but with her babe growing inside of her everyday more, she couldn't deny the movement of the horse underneath her was becoming rather uncomfortable.

"We should be arriving at the Twins soon. At dusk, at most." Robb said, his voice gentle and reassuring as he rode beside Dahlia who was groaning rather annoyed at the pain in her back. "As soon as we get there, we will find you a chamber so you can rest."

"Of course." Dahlia nodded, so uncomfortable she didn't even bother arguing.

At that, Jeyne and Robb exchanged worried glances and as much as Robb wanted nothing more than stop for the day, set camp once more and rub Dahlia's pains away, he knew he couldn't. He had done that far too many times and one day more away from the Twins, was one reason more for Walder Frey to be angry. So, instead, Robb made sure to stay beside Dahlia as they rode, even asking her to accompany him to lead their party beside him at some point so that the two of them would be arriving at the Crossing and it would be a good idea to have his Queen - a former Lady Frey - beside him.

And so, for the rest of the day, Robb and Dahlia rode together, Robb stealing glances at his wife at every moment and with every breath she took until they finally reached the Twins. Stopping in front of the gates, Robb and Dahlia waited until it was opened so that a part of their party could ride inside.

"Your Grace." One of Lord Frey's sons - Robb assumed - bowed gently as Robb dismounted his horse. "I expect your ride was free of any trouble."

"Yes, my Lord." Robb nodded at him back as someone took his horse away and he walked straight at Dahlia to help her down from her own mount. "The ride was smooth as it could be. Thank you."

"Your Grace." Young Lord Frey smiled then as he turned to look at Dahlia then, who practically leaned against Robb. "You look well."

"Thank you, my Lord." She smiled back at him, but Robb could tell it wasn't genuine. "But if we could be taken to our Father, it would please me greatly. The trip was long and it wasn't meant for a pregnant woman such as myself."

"Of course, your Grace." Lord Frey nodded. "Our men will take care of your horses and you will be escorted to the Main Room to see Father, how does that sound?"

And even Robb could tell Dahlia wasn't pleased at all, not wanting to truly see her Father yet especially after the marriage arrangement, she smiled at her half-brother again, graceful and regal as the Queen she was.

"That sounds perfect."

And so, that was what had happened. While most of the Stark's party set camp outside, some of them - the most important lords and ladies along with the Tullys, Lady Stark and Lady Jeyne - were guided inside the Twins, through corridors and large sets of stairs. In spite of the fact that Dahlia knew the place, she refused to leave Robb's side, clinging to his arm as they followed one of Dahlia's oldest half-brothers - Lord Emmon Frey, Dahlia had told Robb earlier as she whispered with him while they walked; the eldest son of Lord Frey's second wife. While Robb was worried for Dahlia and the reaction she seemed to be having at being back at the castle she had spent some of her years of life, he couldn't deny he was pleased to see how she clung to him for comfort. So comfort he offered her, keeping a hand over hers that rested on his arm and an eye on her every movement, in high alert as if, at any point, she could start giving birth or die in some unexpected way.