Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Eleanor's POV

"Did you enjoy the night?" I heard Parker murmur right beside me in the back of the limo.

So far, I'd been giving him clipped answers. I didn't know what Parker did that irritated me tonight. I just wasn't in the mood. I remembered the kiss that happened earlier tonight. Just by thinking about it, I grew a light shade of red and turned my head to look out the window so he wouldn't see. I wonder if he would kiss me again... I thought wistfully then mentally slapped myself soon after.

"Eleanor?" Parker's light touch on my elbow drew me from my thoughts, and I turned to see he had moved to the middle seat that was our past barrier. We were awfully close now with him leaning towards the side of my face.

"Parker! Jesus, you gave me a fright!" I yelped slowly inching closer to the door. 

"Sorry," he replied apologetically leaning back giving me breathing air. "I asked if you enjoyed the party."

Right. The party. The one where I was openly insulted by Parker's ex girlfriend (or so she said she was) and my own husband made no move to defend me. Maybe that's the reason why I was so cold with him. Although I shouldn't care anyways. "It was wonderful."

"Good, that's good," he nodded his head still looking at me. 

I cracked a smile at what I found on his face. "You-you've got a little something." It was a dot of chocolate icing on just on the corner of his lips. It was probably from the icing on the cake which was absolutely delicious! I bravely brought my hand up to his face and swiped it away with my thumb. My eyebrows frowned in confusion for my action. I looked up to see Parker's reaction.

He was looking at me intently his once hard eyes turning soft. His hand came up to capture my hand that was already on his jaw, placing it there. I couldn't look away even if I wanted to. I was lost in the beautiful brown pools of his eyes. "Parker I-"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence when he had the nerve to crash his lips on mine, kissing me for the second time of the night. I sat there frozen in place, not knowing what to do. Parker usually lead the kisses, and I would just follow. Not this time though, and Parker could tell, for he deepened the kiss wanting a reaction from me.

"Kiss me, ma cheríe," he whispered against my lips cupping my face in his hands. 

"Parker, I can't," I whispered bringing my head to the side, so he wasn't able to continue kissing me. "I have no idea what's going on between us, but it has to stop."

"Stop?" Parker asked confused, removing his hands from my face to look at me from a distance. "From the signs you've been giving me, I would have thought otherwise." I finally turned up to see his smug smile on his face.

My face flustered in anger and sat up straight. "If I were to give you any 'signals' they'd be of loathing."

Parker chuckled and replied, "Touché."

"You are an incorrigible man, Parker Jenkins," I huffily said crossing my arms against my chest. "What I am trying to get across is that you cannot just go ahead and kiss me whenever you feel like. This is not the agreement we agreed one before we hastily got married."

"But you can't also deny these attraction between us, can't you?" 

I snapped my head up to look at him. His words surprised me and got me thinking. Attraction? I never thought of the kisses between us as a sign of attraction for each other. I mean, sure he made me feel like no other man could, but... I shook my head. No, it was probably just lust. "There is no attraction between us, Parker, and if there was, it wouldn't be mutual." I finally brazenly said after a pause.