Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Eleanor's POV

No... No. No. No! Luke's already attached to Parker. I still had to explain to him that he wasn't their father. I heard Luke call Parker his daddy. I couldn't see his expression since Parker was bent over him. I stood in the doorway and waited for Parker to walk out. I was about to open my mouth and apologize but stopped myself when I saw him smiling to himself giddily.

He looked up at me, his grin widening. He looked so happy. 

"Parker, I promise to inform Luke first thing in the morning that you aren't his father," I rushed out in a barely audible voice. I was shaking. "I'll tell him you aren't his father and that he shouldn't call you daddy." I finally looked him in the eyes with desperation etched on my face.

Parker looked at me as if I was insane. "Why would you do that?"

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it shut. Why would I do that? Well. First and foremost, that broke our deal in the beginning. Parker and I already broke a lot of 'rules' we made in the beginning but breaking one more would only end in a disaster. "Because-"

"My cherie," he said taking a step closer and taking one of my hand in his. He cupped my chin and turned it up so we were forced to stare into one another's eyes. Once he thought I wouldn't turn my head away, he took his hand away and caressed one side of my face. This was the most intimate contact we had since he got back. "I've fallen in love with your kids. Luke and Peyton. I already treat them as if my own. The fact that Luke considers me as his daddy is the most heart-warming feeling ever."

"But- but Riley," I squeaked. "He swore he would come back. He's still their father."

Parker's fingers that were trailing around the perimeter of my face slowed momentarily. "He's nothing more than a sperm donor. He never acted like a father, I bet." He spat out nastily. "Luke and Peyton don't deserve a father like him.

"I will be the boys' father until the day they move out. We could tell them the truth about their biological father one their old enough to understand; it's up to you, Eleanor. I will be fine with either choice you make. Just please," he closed his eyes sighing a deep breath. "Please give me this privilege of being a dad. I promise you I would protect Luke and Peyton with every bit of my being. I will be the father they can come to for anything. I would be nothing like my father. I'll love and cherish them the way you do." He opened his eyes finally and his warm breath fanned over my face. "Just please give me a chance at having a family."

I didn't realize I was clutching on his shirt tightly the whole time. I was too weak in the knees from hearing him say those words. Words that I had always wanted to come out of Riley's mouth. Parker was right; Riley has always neglected our sons. He didn't hit them or anything; he was just a terrible father. "Okay." I whispered so softly, I was afraid I had to repeat it again. I didn't have the strength in me to say anymore. 

This is what my sons need all along; a dad. I could never take that spot away. I could be the best mother in the world but kids had to have a father. Parker was my sons'.

"Let's go to bed," Parker whispered in my ear in a husky tone of voice. "I missed having you by my side every time I go to sleep."

Without a warning he slipped his arms under me and picked me up bridal style. I let out a squeal and quickly covered my mouth, so I wouldn't wake the kids. I glanced up at Parker who had a smirk plastered onto his face enjoying every moment of this.

"Parker, I have two feet. I can walk by myself just fine," I stubbornly stated banging on his chest. "Let me down!"

"For once can I just spoil my wife?" He asked opening the door to our bedroom with his back and closing it shut just as fast with his foot. I felt him move over to the edge of the bed and gently laid me down on my back.