Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Parker's POV

"Kasey, let's make a quick stop right over there before we make it to the airport," I informed my ever loyal and patient PA. "I'm sure the pilot can wait on us for a few minutes."

"I'll inform the driver and pilot," she nodded at me and opened the rolling window that separated from the front of the limo to the back. 

I leaned in my seat and smiled. This business trip to China went well. The manufacturing company was doing great and didn't have many things to worry about as I thought I would. I couldn't wait to get home and see Eleanor and the two little buggers again. Not once had I been on a trip and had something to look forward to coming home. This change felt nice and something I wanted to keep forever. 

Not talking or even hearing Eleanor's sweet, angelic voice was difficult. I purposely didn't call her in hopes that she would call first. My pride was getting in the way of fulfilling my dreams this past few days to hearing my wife's voice. It didn't matter, I thought. I would be seeing her in a few hours time. I would then have her in my arms and kiss her for all it's worth. I vowed to never go on another business trip with out accompanying me.

"Sir? We're here." I snapped my gaze to Kasey. "We're at the store you requested."

I nodded my head and thanked her. I stepped out of the limo and into the shop I visited one time before. This shop sold fine china plates and usually, when I went to China, I would stop by here to buy some China for Agatha who loves collecting these. I also decided to buy a few for my own home as well. Once I was finished, I strode back into the limo and into the airport. 

I walked up the steps of the private jet glad that I would be home in hours. I thought I would be alone on this flight with the exception of Kasey as a passenger, but I was wrong. There in one of the seats, who was helping herself with a glass of wine was no other than Heidi.

"What are you doing here?" I asked trying to maintain my civility. 

I knew Heidi was in China. She tagged along with her father in all of our meetings with the other executives. 

"I missed my other flight back to London, and saw your jet out here. I talked with the pilot and he let me, since he of course knows me," Heidi stood up with a smile on her face. "I hope you don't mind."

The hell I don't mind. I do. Very much.

"No, not at all," I forced a smile upon my face and took my seat. "Kasey tell the pilot to leave as soon as he can. We're ready."

And so I was stuck in a small space with Heidi. Her of all people. "So, Parker... How are Elena and her kids doing?"

"Eleanor," I corrected sipping from my champagne. "They're doing fine." 

"I'm sure the kids are a bother, hmm?" Heidi pointed out reaching out hand to my arm. Yes, she decided to choose the seat next to me of all the empty seats this aircraft could hold. 

"Not at all," I defended Luke and Peyton. "They're both total sweethearts." 

I noticed Heidi take a deep breath and started to say, "Parker... I have something to say." She glanced down before abruptly standing up and running towards the bathroom.

Concerned, I went after her and heard the displeasing noises of her earlier breakfast leaving her system. 

"Heidi? Are you all right?" I asked after she was done. I knocked on the door. "I'm coming in."