Sighs and Outtings

Jacob's POV

I lean against the door to Taylor's office as I frown, arms folded in protest. I feel someone brush past me and I roll my eyes when I see my closest friend, Devin, bumping me with a roll of his eyes.

"Are you standing there pouting instead of helping my sister?" He asks me, turning around to walk backwards, but so that he can glare at me.

"I don't pout. I silently protest with my arms crossed while I watch her leave me." I correct him and he laughs while Taylor snorts, placing her hand on her hip before turning towards me, gesturing down.

"Jake, I'm pregnant and I'm having a baby in two weeks. You're the one that gave me extra time off because 'we're family and family takes care of each other.'" She says making me glare at her.

"Don't quote me at myself, woman. I can't be held responsible for anything I said. I claim insanity and ADHD." I announce, finally giving in to help her pack the last of her office, the lack of pictures around the room making it feel so empty.

"Claim denied, asshole," Devin declares, throwing one of her stuffed animals at me and I catch it, though he doesn't catch the marker Taylor throws at the middle of his forehead, the thunk satisfying. I laugh loudly at his dumbstruck expression, and he turns towards me with a glare. "Shut up." He warns me and I shrug.

"Your fault man." I tell him, and he rolls his eyes but doesn't argue, knowing how much his sister adores her stuffed friends.

Twenty minutes later, Taylor is standing in between Devin and I with a diaper in one hand and a pack of pacifiers in the other, our weapons of choice.

"How about you two go to a bar." She offers calmly, though I can tell she's ready to throttle us with her bare hands. Taylor had always been the last person you want to fuck with, but ever since she got pregnant, I've been downright terrified of the woman. And if there's a man that isn't, they are a fucking idiot.

I immediately put my hands up and start to back away, going to grab my suit jacket that I threw along the back of one of her chairs, but of course, Devin tries to argue. "Hell no, I'm not going to a bar, especially when you need out help to carry all of this stuff. You can't do this by yourself, Kay." He says. Like I said. Fucking idiot.

Before I can even warn him to run as fast as I can, Kayla drops the diaper, grabs her brother by a nipple and pinched before hitting him over the head with the pack of pacifiers. "Don't ever tell me who and what I need Devin O'Conner, I could have finish packing this office two hours ago, but you idiots won't leave me the hell alone. All day you have been bothering me. Now go the hell away before I tell mom you stopped going to church."

Devin cries of pain as his big sister beats him up make me laugh, tears streaming down my face as his look of terror. As soon as Kayla let's him go, he scrambles away from the crazy lady just as the door opens to reveal her husband, Charlie.

Devin and I grab our shit before we're racing towards the door, Charlie laughing while he holds it open, probably acutely aware of the power his wife has.

He is one lucky bastard.

Once we're free and clear of the war zone that is a pregnant Kayla, we walk towards the elevator, the two of us poking fun at each other for being scarred of his sister, though we both know we would high tail it the fuck out of there if she came at us with a spatula again.

We get inside the elevator, and I throw my suit jacket over my shoulder as Devin looks at me with that glint in his eye making me groan.

"No. I am not trying to go out tonight." I tell him, but just like his sister, he doesn't take no for an answer.

"Dude, come on! When was the last time you got laid or had a drink?" He asks me, and I frown when I realize I don't know the answer to that question.

I groan in acceptance and his answering whoop only makes me wish I was already home and in bed that much more.

"Fine, but I'm not changing." I grumble, but that doesn't bother him one bit.

"That's fine where we're going, you'll fit decently." He counters me with a smirk, without missing a single beat and I just wish I could lean over and strangle him like his sister does so lovingly.

As the doors to the elevator open and I follow my closest friend to his car, the night lights outside already in full blast, all I can think about is getting this night over with.

✨✨✨

As soon as we walk into the club, I'm blown away. All around us are women and men in business casual, and leathers, the two groups mixing seamlessly, even though the two shouldn't mix at all.

Devin and I walk towards the bar, look around the large room for someone we recognize and a place to sit. And of course I find neither from where we are, so close to the bar, and I sigh in mild irritation as I once more allow my best friend to force me to have fun I don't need.

I run a multi million dollar company, and fun isn't going to make me more millions, or help more people.

The two of us get to the bar and order four shots for each of us, two vodka and two rum and I turn towards Devin with a frown.

"I'm not blacking out tonight with you Devin." I tell him, and he just shrugs as if he doesn't care or believe me.

Ignoring his lack of confidence in me, I grab one of the glasses and throw it back, grimacing slightly at the burn as I turn towards the crowd, looking out at the sea of people. There seem to be two groups, those of whom dressed up in either leather or for a fancy club and those who dressed in regular clubbing clothes, the latter are loud and disorderly while the first group is quiet and calm, sitting in the lounge towards the back and in the tables surrounding, talking and watching.

And in turn I watch them, my eyes circling the building as I settle myself at the bar for a night if people watching.

That is, until I find a very particular person.

I watch as a tan long arm raises so that the pointer finger runs along red lips before falling into a lap, though my eyes stay in the lips that are slightly parted. The pair belong to a women, one with long lush hair, her eyes floating across the room like mine were only a moment before.

She's stunning.

"Go got it." I hear beside me, and I turn with a frown to see Devin wiggling his eyebrows making me reach out a hand to mush his face away though it only serves to make him laugh as he slaps it away. "Go man. You haven't gotten laid in forever." He tells me and I roll my eyes.

"On purpose, Devin." I remind him, and he thinks about it for a moment before shaking his head in disagreement.

"Nah. Still don't think that's possible." He tells me and I snort as he reaches over to place a second shot in my hand before nodding to the woman who's still sitting against the wall in a booth, ignoring all the looks her way, and no one approaches her as if they wouldn't dare.

And it draws me to her even more.

The confidence radiating off of her calls to me, and throwing caution to the wind, I drown the shot before squaring my shoulders and heading towards the dark haired beauty across the bar.

~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think is going to happen? Is anyone else very amused by Kayla?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Do you skateboard?