[19.] Nika Volek

Vanessa's POV:

I parked the car and myself and Michael got out and helped Lincoln. We both held Lincoln out of the car, offering him support by holding his weight on our shoulders.

We entered the building and got into the elevator, taking it up onto the third floor. The three of us were covered in sweat and panting by the time we reached the door of apartment 33. Michael quickly knocked on the purple door until it swung open.

A brunette woman opened the door. She wore a white dress with tiny blue flowers that clung to her fantastic hour glass figure. Panic struck across her face as she looked at Michael and Michael only.

"We need your help," Michael panted. She moved out of the way and we all pushed our way through the tiny door frame, putting Lincoln down on the couch.

"Michael, what are you doing here?" She asked him. She had a very thick Czech accent.

"Cayenne pepper.... do you have it?" He asked her as he turned around, she frowned at him, confused as to what was going on. "In your kitchen, do you have it?"

"Uhm.... yeah.... I think so," She said as she turned around and began looking through her kitchen for it. I kneeled down in front of Lincoln and began rolling up the leg of his trousers to inspect the wound.

"We're going to need some rubbing alcohol, some towels and some painkillers.... literally any that you can find..." I announced as the woman and Michael began running around the apartment. .

"...and some booze," Linc grunted. He began groaning when I began dabbing at the wound with the piece of cloth Michael had wrapped his leg with earlier. Lincoln kept on trying to push my hands away from the injury on his leg but I just slapped his hands away. "It's fine, V. Come on Mike just tell her it's fine. I'm fine... we should've just kept moving." I gave Lincoln a look that shut him up.

"We keep moving and that leg keeps bleeding. The leg keeps bleeding and we're not getting out of Illinois", Michael explained to Linc. Nika and Michael began placing all of the things I asked for on the floor next to me. I picked up the rubbing alcohol, taking the cap off of it.

"This is gonna hurt," I informed Linc as I poured it onto his leg and then pressing down of the wound with a clean towel. Lincoln growled in pain, but I picked up the bottle of liquor and handed it to him. Without hesitation, he unscrewed the lid and downed at least three or four shots of it. I turned and picked up the small bottle of cayenne pepper and began shaking it's contents onto the newly disinfected wound. I glance up at Michael and he looked confused.

"This will seal the capillaries", I informed Michael. He nodded his head and handed a painkiller to Lincoln.

"Michael you should not have come here", Nika, Michaels wife told him. I blocked them out as they walked into her kitchen in her apartment. I began wrapping gauze around Lincolns leg. I couldn't believe Michael never told me that he was married. I didn't realize how angry I was about that until Lincoln groaned, I had wrapped the bandage too tightly. Lincoln gave me a look before he started laughing.

"What are you laughing about?" I asked him. He ran his hand across his face as he was about to tell me why he was laughing but then erupted into another laugh again. I smacked his non-injured leg. "Come on spit it out... what's so funny?"

"You." He giggled. "You are so jealous".

"What?! I am not.... I don't even know what you're talking about," I frowned, tucking in the ends of the ends of his bandage. I sat back from the couch and stared at him with my arms folded.