[23.] RIVER

Vanessa's POV:

SIX HOURS LATER - Approximately twenty minutes after the retrieval of Westmoreland's stash.

Michael and I ran through a wooded area. Everything was going wrong. Sirens were heard in a very far distance. The police radio in Michaels hands was going off every three minutes. My name. Michael's name. Lincoln. Sucre. C-Note and even T-Bag's name was spread across the radio. The engine of a motor bike was going off in the far distance. We stopped in our tracks searching around the area. I wasn't sure what we were looking for but Michael darted off in the same direction the motorcycle engine was coming from. I followed him.

The engine cut off by the time we saw a figure crouching over the bike with a large camping rucksack on its back. The sound of our feet approaching made the figure jump, turning around and pointing their gun at us. A look of betrayal spread across my face as Sucre waved it between Michael and I for a moment. Tears brimmed my eyes as I saw him clutching the Backpack filled with five million dollars. A smile plastered his face and he put the gun down.

"Adíos Amigos?" Michael laughed. Sucre dropped the bag and high fived Michael. A wave of confusion hit me.

"Was that too much?" Sucre laughed. They both turned to look at me. They burst out into a fit of laughter when they noticed the upset and confused look on my face. I gripped the small backpack on my back. My hands balled into fists by my side as I stood there staring at the two idiots in front of me. They looked up but continued laughing when they saw how vexed I was.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked angrily. The two boys continued to laugh, hunched over. 

"It was all a part of a plan, V." Michael laughed. "I told him to come in with a gun asking for the money so we could get it away from C-Note and T-Bag." My eyebrows pushed together. As I went over and pushed Michael. He lost his balance and fell to the ground.

"What the hell? Why didn't you tell me?" I turned to Sucre as Michael was laughing to hard, rolling on the ground. Literally.

"We needed it to be as believable as possible" Sucre managed to get out. "Man, this thing was fricken heavy, dude," He said as he nudged the bag on the ground with his foot.

"It won't be after we split it up," Michael said as he gets off of the ground and stands next to me, nudging my shoulder in the process. We watch Sucre grab the bag and begin to open it.

"Yeah, four ways, you, me, V and Linc," Sucre smiles as he fumbled with the zipper on the bag.

"What about C-Note?" I asked. 

"We'll wire him some money for his family when we get to Panama," Michael reassures me. He puts his hand on my shoulder. I pretend I don't notice it's there. His hand runs from my shoulder and down my arm until it's by his side again. He shoves his hand quickly into his pocket.

"I can't believe we just did that. I feel so bad for the lady and her daughter." I said, referring to the lady whose house we went into, held her and her pregnant daughter hostage and dug up the money that was buried under the foundations of her house.

"Me too," Sucre begins. He turns his head to us when he finally has a grip on the last zip. Just as he opens it he says: "Five million dollars each! I can't wait to- WHAT THE HELL?!"

We jump over to see what the matter is. When Michael and I look into the bag we see Sucre pulling out many books about National Anthropology. "Where the hell is the money?!" We all ask simultaneously. Michael drops to the ground on his hands and knees. He shakes his head. He exciting atmosphere has been blown away as we all shake our heads in disbelief.