[12.] LITTLE LAMB

Michael's POV

The work team and I were in the guards break room, busy making plaster to cover the hole and painting the wall, I move to stand next to Lincoln.

It had been four days since I last saw Vanessa. She wasn't aloud near me until the Warden knew what happened. I didn't even hear from her, I was beginning to miss the presence of having her around 24/7, her presence made everything feel more normal, like I wasn't locked in a prison.

It's weird, 'living' with a person you never knew you could call a friend and then all of a sudden you're alone again. I wonder for a moment if I should hold back for her or continue to break my brother out, but I need her. She has been apart of this plan ever since she stepped foot into Fox River on that rainy day.

"How is she?" I ask Link. He turns his head to me and frowns, dropping his paint brush.

"Bellick's watching her like a hawk. He's using her as his personal punching bag, he's trying to make her crack," he says. I groan in frustration. I feel awful that she's stuck in solitary.

"And?" I hear Sucre say as moves next to me, I didn't noticed he was listening into our conversation.

"Not a word, she hasn't spoken a damn thing in days, not even to me. She won't talk about anything. I have to ask the guards to check up on her sometimes, It's strange Mike, we have to get her out before we leave," He grunts.

"I know, I'm working on it.... and no one is noticing the injuries on her?" I ask, confused. Link sighs, shaking his head.

"I don't know man, I heard Bellick tell the guardsmen outside the door that she was fighting back, but she would have left a mark on him, trust me on this one, I know Nessa, she won't stop unless she's put up a fight," he shakes his head again. Sucre and I walk away. I grab a paint brush and begin painting the wall on the far side.

"Badge," I hear Westmoreland whisper at the door, closing it after himself. I help cover the hole before going back to the painting. Geary walks in, looking around the room before making eye contact with me.

"Scofield," he says, "Pope wants to see you." I walk towards the bucket, dropping the paintbrush inside.He places handcuffs on me before walking towards the door.

"Oh and, Boss wants you guys to finish up, what you're done," he laughs whilst opening the door. My eyes flicker from the covered hole then to Link.

"Bellick said earlier today that we had until tomorrow," T-bag hisses.

"Well, he changed his mind," Geary grins before pushing me out the door. "Come on, OUT! Carpenters will be here first thing in the morning to measure this place up."

As I walk towards the building I notice Westmorelands pocket-watch hanging out of Gearys pocket along with a roll of cash. I didn't know what kind of plan Westmoreland had but I knew that watch was important to him. I notice Geary stuff it back into his pocket before knocking on the door of the receptionist office.

The door swings open, the receptionist smiles at Geary before allowing us to follow her to the door of the Wardens office. She knocks twice before leaving us.

I meet the eyes of Sara when the door is open. I look to the desk to see the Warden, sitting there impatiently. Once again, I'm pushed in the door by Geary. He takes off my cuffs before I can finally sit down.

"May I ask you to wait outside please, thank you Geary," Pope says as he drops his glasses on the desk. I watch as the officer leaves the room.

"Michael, how is you're shoulder?" The Warden asks as he makes his was to the front of his desk.