005

december 21st, 2023
10:18 pm

SEVERAL BLOOD RED ROSE PETALS WERE scattered leading to and on Ayoluwa and Joshua's California king sized bed while various white candles smelling of vanilla and cinnamon filled their master bedroom with a dessert like aroma

Positioned, also on the California king sized bed, was an edible arrangement of chocolate strawberries in a red heart shaped box tied with a black velvet bow.

At first, Ayoluwa was a little worried that she was overdoing it but...

Fuck it. He deserves all this and more.

Maybe this will help whatever has wrong between us lately.

Ayoluwa was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom.

Ayoluwa straightened her lacy white lingerie and the matching short silk robe she was sporting, then undid her bun so that her locs would fall down her back.

The only jewelry she was wearing was the necklace bearing her name that her father had gifted her when she was just a little girl.

Taking a deep breath Ayoluwa stared at herself in the mirror, noting her makeup then extended her arm to spray the perfume that Joshua liked the most on her.

"Okay. It's just because you've been gone for a while. Relationships are hard, sometimes. He still loves you and he still wants to be with you," Ayoluwa spoke to her reflection, "He still loves you."

The locks in the front door clicked from Joshua opening it and Ayoluwa jumped ten feet in the air from nervousness, wrung her hands and then glanced at her reflection once more before going to the front door.

Her boyfriend was walking through the main entry way, a little sweaty and his gym bag over his shoulder, only stopping at the sight of Ayoluwa.

Joshua grew a little smirk, "Look at you. Wow."

Then he frowned a little.

"What's that smell?" Joshua sniffed then let out a petite sneeze.

Oh, no.

"You'll see. I have a surprise for you." Ayoluwa laced her fingers through his free hand then stood on her toes to shut his eyelids for him. "Keep 'em closed, babe."

Ayoluwa pulled him through the apartment, narrowly avoiding their furniture, the couch, the ottoman and the legs of one of the chairs from the dining room table.