cold morning bliss

My eyes slowly flutter open, the icy air on my cheeks. My hair is in my face bothering me, I raise my hand to brush the hair away and start noticing my surroundings. 

My eyes widen at the sight of a dark haired boy beside me, wrapped in the crumbled white sheets. His eyes are closed and looking so peaceful laying still. 

I can see his chest rising and falling gently, it was Tom. 

We were studying for the Charms test later today, and ended up falling asleep. I rub my eyes and sigh in bliss. I feel complete.

The birds outside my window chirp happily, the cold air stinging my skin. The sound of the breeze against the window, the rustle of the trees. Everything's so perfect. 

I return my gaze to his face and observe the sharpness of his jaw, the way his eyebrows are finally relaxed. His long eyelashes, to be honest I am completely jealous of how flawless his eyelashes are. 

They flutter open softly, he's waking up. I hold in my breath, his eyes finally opening to let me see his beautiful hazel eyes, still completely oblivious of me staring. 

He turns his head towards me, where he finally realizes where he is. Shock registers on his face then it slowly drains out and soon replaces with a smile. 

I smile back at him, it's always such a view when he smiles. 

When he smiles, the world just stops for a moment and stares in awe. 

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest, I feel safe with him. The warmness of his body radiating off him. 

I  pull my head out of his chest ever so slightly to be able to look at his face, he shivers slightly. 

"It's cold," he says, furrowing his eyebrows and pulling the covers around us. 

Then nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck, I stay still in shock. 

Butterflies swarm my stomach, I bit my lip in ecstasy. I close my eyes, trying to etch the memory in my head forever. 

"I love you." I whisper not aware of what my mouth was saying until it was too late.

I feel him stiffen, then look up at me. His face dressed in a frown, I feel his hand come to my face and caress it gently. 

"My dear, I love you too but you deserve much more than me," he paused,- "yet, if anybody touched you other than me, I would kill them without a second thought." He finishes. 

My cheeks burn, I can feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest. This warm feeling of joy spreads through me. 

I place my face into his chest and close my eyes, enjoying his company. Slowly I fall asleep, lousy dreams stumbling over to me. 

So when I hear a voice say, "You're mine now, even if you want to run when you realize who I truly am, I won't let you."

I don't know if it was real or just my imagination...