kitchen scares

I wake up thirsty, my throat is dry, sore and basically begging for liquid. Tom's arms are wrapped around my waist, I want to snuggle deeper into the warmth of our bed and go back to sleep but my throat is screaming at me to drink water.
So I gently pry Tom's hands off of me, trying not to wake him and climb out of bed.
Wincing when the springs inside of the bed squeak, once I manage to stand, I tip toe out of the room and close the door nearly all the way so I don't cause a click.
I immediately relax when I'm a few feet away from the room and I start to walk normally.
I make my way into the kitchen and grab a glass of water, gulping it down as the coldness calms down the pain in my throat.
Suddenly now that my throat doesn't hurt anymore, I'm craving food.
I open the fridge and stare into it, I spot some leftover pizza and grin.
I grab a plate and put the remaining pieces of it onto it and pop the plate into the microwave.
I throw the empty cardboard box into the trash, and then wait impatiently.

3..
2..
1..
I then press stop quickly so the microwave doesn't make the beeping noise and wake Tom up, and I open it.
I pull out the pizza and admire its smell, I place it down onto the counter and lift one piece to my mouth.
Suddenly I feel hands curl against my hips and I yelp, dropping the pizza onto the plate causing it to create a loud noise.
"Merlin, Tom!" I hold on my chest, scared out of my mind.
He chuckles, "Sorry love, just wondering why you weren't in bed."
I turn around to face him, "I was thirsty so I grabbed a glass of water, and then I got hungry so I was just heating up some leftovers." I gesture towards the abandoned plate on the counter.
He nods and stares at my lips, I roll my eyes and laugh, pushing his chest backwards gently.
I then turn and grab the pizza and take a bite.
"Can I at least have a slice?" He asks.
I take a piece and hand it him.
"Thanks."
I smile, my cheeks filled with pizza.
He smiles back in amusement.
-
I hate this chapter so much, one of my worst chapters in this book, so sorry you had to go though the pain of reading that.
I'm just going through a writers block and I have no ideas at all and I wanted to write sm bc I haven't published anything recently.