"we all die, its just life."

I wait by the counter, receipt in my hand, I trace the number, 74. The number of my order, 73 other people stood where I stood currently and waited for their food and hundreds will stand where I stand, and wait for their food. 

"Number seventy-four! Seventy-four!" 

My head snaps up at the voice, I raise my hand and tug my lips up to gesture that it was my order. 

"Here you go, have a good day." The employee says and hands me the paper bag. 

"Thank you, you too." I reply and take in the scent of my food. 

I carry the bag and look around for a vacant table to sit at, I head towards the first table I see. 

I sit down and take the food out of the bag and start eating, I observe the people around me, there's a sweet family munching on their food happily a few tables away. 

An old man is drinking a cup of tea on the table, a book sitting open in front of him. 

My eyes suddenly zero in on a tall man with dark hair walking towards me, his posture is perfect, his walk is elegant, confidence pours out of his pores. 

Heads turn as he passes by, he doesn't spare them a glance, instead his eyes are currently meeting mine. 

I continue chewing on my food and try to quickly swallow it down, he reaches my table and sits down. 

Jesus Christ, how does he make sitting down seem graceful?

In the hurry I am to finish the bite in my mouth, once I try to swallow the food decides to try to go through the wrong tube and suddenly I'm coughing and my eyes are watering. 

"Merlin, are you okay?" He asks, concern laces his features. 

I wave him off and nod, I take the water bottle I bought earlier and try to open the cap. 

Yep, it is NOT opening. 

I keep struggling with the bottle cap, and now I feel like the whole mall is watching this whole interaction going down. 

He snatches the bottle and opens it easily, I almost don't accept the bottle back because I am a petty person but for the sake of my life I do. 

I gulp down the water and breathe in relief, he snorts at me. 

I look up at him with a death stare, if looks could kill, he would probably be dead by now. 

"My presence that breath-taking?" He lifts an eyebrow in amusement. 

"Oh shut up Riddle." I grumble. 

Oh I forgot to tell you, yup I know this man. Tom Riddle. He attends Hogwarts just like I do, and honestly I have no clue what he's doing here right now. 

I'm in a muggle mall, in the middle of summer break, trying to enjoy time before school starts up again. 

And for some reason he's here, and oh I might of skipped through a small tiny, irrelevant detail... Actually its a big detail but oh well. 

Tom Riddle is my ex boyfriend. 

Yep, crazy right? Mr. quiet, mysterious, dark, smart, attractive- ok maybe I should shut up. 

Anyways, he's in front of me, currently staring me down, obviously wanting to talk or do something and I'm going start freaking out. 

I broke up with him, yep me, not the other way, I got tired of his mood swings, and his overprotectiveness and well his serial killing behavior. I mean who out right goes and kills his fathers side like that? 

and yes I do know about that, and I promised him not to tell anybody and I keep my promises okay? 

His father sounded like a jerk anyway. 

"I want to talk," his voice suddenly turns serious. 

"I figured that bit out, about what, is the question?" I respond quickly. 

"Us." His eyes break contact with mine, and its obvious to me he's nervous. 

"Us ended right before summer break Thomas." I softly say. 

His eyes snap up to mine, pure hot white anger flaring in them. 

"Do not call me that, it's just Tom." 

I nod. 

He sighs, "Please, I want you to give us another chance." 

I wince, "You don't get it, I gave you so many chances during our relationship Tom, it never worked." 

"I've changed!"

I look away and stand up, he stands up and comes closer to me, the table no longer a wall between us. 

If I moved on step forward, his lips would touch mine, and merlin I really wanted them to. 

"I miss you so much darling." He whispers, I can hear he really means it. 

I can't wait any longer, as much I've tried to deny it, I really missed him too. 

"I missed you too." I whisper back. 

Relief floods his face and his hand is pulling my face to his and our lips are meeting, and god I really missed his lips. 

I can tell he wants to kiss me as hard as he can but he's going gentle with me at the moment, as fast it happened it was over and I want to pull his face back to mine. 

He smiles down at me, "Will you give me one more chance?" 

"Just one more, and I swear to god I'll kill you if you break my heart again." I warn him. 

He chuckles and damn I've missed his laugh too. 

He packs up my food and holds it in one hand while the other hand clenches onto mine, my eyes revert to the table beside ours. 

The old man is smiling at us, I smile back at him and he speaks, "You remind me of how my wife and I were like when we were young fellows back in the day." 

"Thank you sir, where is she? Your wife?" I respond, Tom waits by my side. 

"Oh, she passed away a few years back, it's never been the same since but I hold our memories dear and close." 

"I'm sorry." My lips tug down and my heart aches for the poor man. 

"Oh it's okay dear, I'm grateful for the time we had." 

I nod with a small smile, I can feel Tom's hand tighten around mine. 

I look up and his jaw is clenched and his face is hard. 

When we walk away, he speaks. 

"I'll never let that happen to you, we'll live forever." He tells me. 

I snort, "We all die, it's just life." 

He doesn't say anything more, and in that moment I knew. 

----

I have no clue what this is but here you go.