XXV. SEVENTH YEAR

xxv. seventh year
- silks of heaven, chapter twenty five -

BY THE TIME SCHOOL had started again, James and Jasmine were still in the middle of their fight

BY THE TIME SCHOOL had started again, James and Jasmine were still in the middle of their fight. Jasmine locked herself in her room, making sure to avoid him at all times, and James spent the last few days out and about, rarely coming home.

Their parents didn't notice anything, they had no clue that each of the siblings wanted to murder the other one.

Consequently, Jasmine didn't sit with the Marauders on the Hogwarts Express. She found Marlene, Dorcas, Lily and Mary in a compartment on the far end of the train and sat with them instead.

She felt out of place with them, not like how she felt with the Marauders. As they talked, she picked the string of her jeans and pretended to nod. The occasional "mhm" and "yeah" always helped.

"Jasmine?" Lily said, carefully nudging her friend. Jasmine only now noticed that she was zoning out, thinking about Regulus. "You're not listening, are you? Is something wrong? You and Regulus fighting ... again?"

"No, no," Jasmine said, "we're better than ever, actually. It's James. It's nothing, but we're just a bit mad at each other. Don't worry about it."

"Oh." That was all Lily said, before turning back to Marlene's rambling.

Jasmine's heart skipped a beat when she saw Regulus at the door of their compartment. The other girls saw him, but carried on talking. Jasmine stood up and slid the door open and shut again, so they couldn't eavesdrop on them.

"Reggie!" Jasmine cried. She flung her arms around him and strangled him with a hug, nearly toppling both of them over. "How are you?"

"You know, I wanna kiss you so badly," he said, completely shocking her. "But, I can't, because your friends are there. God, I wish we could quit this secret."

"Soon. Sooner than you think," Jasmine said. "Maybe even after I talk to them ... tonight."

"Seriously?" Regulus asked. His face lit up and a smile formed on his face. "Oh, that's great!"

Jasmine had completely forgot about her and James' fight earlier. All that mattered at the moment was her and Regulus. She put her hands in his and hugged him again.

"Did you get your own compartment?" she asked. "'Cause I'm not sitting with Crouch. Don't have a problem with him, or anything like that, but he's not the nicest."

Regulus laughed. It sounded different, Jasmine thought. He seemed genuinely happy ... for once in his life. She watched as his laugh faded down, but his smile still stayed on his face.