XXVI. SLYTHERIN DORMS

xxvi.
- silks of heaven, chapter twenty six -

warning:: smut. reader's discretion is advised:)

THE START OF NOVEMBER was snowy and cold. Jasmine got flashbacks from last winter, before she and Regulus were together. James was still mad at her and likewise, they never talked to each other anymore.

Jasmine was sitting in the Gryffindor common rooms, next to Sirius and Remus, flicking through her Potions textbook out of boredom. Remus had a bar of chocolate on the ground next to him and Sirius was looking through his records to find something to listen to.

"Where's James? He can help me pick," Sirius sighed. "You seen him, Moony?"

"Nah," Remus replied, leaning backwards and resting his head on the end of the red sofa. "Probably screwing Lily somewhere."

Sirius snorted and Jasmine shook her head, laughing quietly. Remus even smiled at his own joke, a proud look on his face.

Peter walked over to them and sat next to Jasmine, putting his arm around her.

"Hello, love," she said as he sat down. "Seen James?"

"Yeah, he's outside of the common rooms now," Peter said. "Why?"

"Sirius was looking for him."

James walked in and went over, ignoring Jasmine, and sitting by Sirius and looking at his records that were in his hand.

"Pick Bowie," he said.

"That's what I thought!" Sirius said, chucking all the other records aside and standing back up with a Bowie record in his hand, walking toward the record player in the common rooms.

"I'm going to see a friend," Jasmine said, also standing up. "I'll see you later.."

"Where you going?" James asked her, a playful, joking tone in his voice.

"Regulus," she said.

James grunted. "Seriously? You still don't realise what you're doing."

"Fuck's sake. This is why I wanted to keep us a secret," she sighed. "Don't try to act overprotective, don't try to act like you give a shit, don't try to act like the good guy. I know who I want to be with and just because you don't like him does not mean you can play older brother now."

James stood up, opened his mouth, but no sound came out. He shut his mouth again and sighed.

"So, please, I don't want to hear it," she continued. "I'm off."

"Jasmine, I just don't want to see you get hurt again," he said.

"I'm willing to take the risk," she said. "And if I get hurt, that's on me. Let me go through that because I'm still young and I'd rather get heartbroken than never fall in love."