Chapter 3

A week had passed since his last encounter with Hinata, he couldn't explain exactly what had transpired, friends? He didn't know if it was serious or not. After all, he didn't have someone he could call a "friend" in this land. Yet again, he didn't exactly know if this was real or not, regardless, it was a hassle to think about.

It was delivery day, and there was one important farmer ready to deliver his goods, and that was Naruto. He hauled the last bits of baskets onto his wagon with a loud grunt. He smiled and looked at his fine work while he wiped the sweat from his brow. He looked towards the sky and felt the heat of the bright sun. 

No winds, he placed his straw hat over his head and ditched the cloak, he instead wore a beige poncho to let whatever wind circulate through him. Letting out a sigh, he hopped on the driver's seat and grabbed the reins of his horse. Taking one last look at the haul, he made sure everything was in order and place. With a click of his tongue, the horse neighed and began dragging the carriage onto the gravel road and towards town. He was off to deliver.

~

Shortly after arriving in town, Naruto was just minutes away from his first delivery, he noted the crowded road filled with merchants and buyers from all over. Many new faces and many familiar ones as well. Some waved at him which he promptly nodded back while others just simply stared at him. Naruto the farmer, there was nothing much more added to his title and name, however, everyone thought there was something more to the man.

"Naruto!"

Suddenly, a voice he recognized called out to him. He turned towards the source and pulled on the reins to stop the carriage. He looked through the crowd, his eyes instantly fixated on the figure walking towards him. It was her.

"Hey, Naruto!" Hinata happily greeted, she was winded as if she had run to catch up to him. He didn't reply for the moment, he didn't know what to do. So he softly just waved at the girl instead.

"I guess you're here delivering huh?" She assumed as she took a glance at all the merchandise behind him.

"Yea," he replied nonchalantly.

Hinata picked it up, the off feeling about this awkward exchange, perhaps he didn't want to talk to her. She felt some type of way at that realization. 

On the other hand, Naruto seemed to tell the change of energy of Hinata. He almost felt pity, sighing to himself, he tipped his straw hat over his head just enough for the girl to see his face and features.

"I'm heading deep into town, feel free to hop on," Naruto said while tapping the space next to him. Truth be told this carriage was meant for one driver, there was barely any free space in the frontlet alone the back. And he knew this, he just didn't realize it. He could see the mental war this girl was having at the offer. She didn't want to sit that close to him.

"S-Sure, I appreciate it," Hinata timidly said.

"Sure thing," Naruto stuck his hand out and retrieved her basket which he promptly set at the small space behind him, he turned once again and reached out for her hand at his side "come on, hop up."

Hinata took the blonde man's hand and hoisted herself up and sat shoulder to shoulder with the blonde. She couldn't speak, she didn't know why. She was just frozen in place. Her hand even trembled just at the fading feeling of his hands. She remembered every detail about his hand. Calloused and rough, yet so warm. Without realizing it, they began moving, trekking towards the heart of town. 

Naruto didn't even think about it, but all of a sudden all the attention was on them. He could feel the stares as he rode around town, the whispers amongst one to another. Hinata was quite known around these parts due to her wonderful nature and behavior towards the townspeople. Many winked and many waived at the two. He was just beginning to realize just how much of an impact this girl had around the locals. Maybe this girl wasn't all talk after all.