Chapter 4

Sorry for the delay, I have the majority already scripted. Just need to write it. Thank you.

"Again!"

The sounds of grunts and shouts spread throughout the forest. All the animals nearby just slowly circulating the sounds that came from the center of the forest. 

Hinata was heaving and panting, her hands placed on her knees with desperate attempts to catch her breath.

"Again!" the same voice shouted.

I can't even touch him!

The task was quite simple. To knock off his straw hat from his head by any means necessary, be it a takedown, stunning him, or even causing a gust of wind. She was about to start attempting the last one. She had run out of options just minutes in. She knew he was strong, but NOT THIS STRONG.

She was sure he was the most skilled opponent that has been placed before her. It crushed her knowing she couldn't get a single touch in. But it only sparked her ambition even more. After all, he was simply "testing her abilities" so he could get a feel of what she was capable of. So far, it didn't look good for her.

"That's it? Want to toss it? Tired?" The blonde taunted further and further.

Hinata clenched her fists and glared at the blonde who was nonchalantly standing there, waving at her in intervals, trying to get her to crack. And she did, with newfound determination, she lunged forward. 

Naruto's face and demeanor went from soft to straight serious, his eyes widened at her newfound determination. She had that fire that he had been searching. Pure instinct. The thrill and the feeling have escaped him. It had been too long since he last felt it. And just as quick as it came it vanished. 

Just as quickly as she lunged forth, her demise came to an end as she was now looking into the bright blue sky. And above her cast a shadow as the smirking blonde looked down on her. Naruto's foot was carefully holding the back of Hinata's head to prevent it from hitting the ground. She didn't know this until he let his foot go which promptly led her head to fall back causing her to yelp.

"Ouch! H-How did you do that?"

She was amazed and bewildered, one second she was going straight for him, and the next she was dismantled and now on her back to the floor. 

"Hehe, it would be a hundred years before you pull that on me," Naruto chuckled before sticking his hand out to the pale-eyed girl. She took his hand and hoisted her up. 

"That's enough, I have a good idea of what you're capable of now." 

Hinata dusted herself off, her hair was disheveled and her clothes full of dirt and grass. She was a mess, it's as if she just went into the forest to roll around on the ground. She felt more humiliated than anything. She came to this with so much confidence, she even smirked at the blonde when he explained the task. She felt so silly for even thinking she had a chance.

"All right Hinata, listen up," Naruto said as he called her over. Hinata calmly walked up to the blonde and looked up at him with eager eyes. 

"What I'm about to teach you comes with a condition… or several conditions. If you don't agree to them, then everything stops right here."

His face was now serious, his voice was absolute and his eyes were almost like steel blue. She looked into his eyes and without realizing it, she kneeled. His aura was off, it's as she had been staring...at a God.

"First, you cannot teach anyone or share the secrets of this art for no absolute reason."

She nodded while maintaining eye contact with the blonde.