Chapter 11

The sound of cries filled the dawning air, the thick clouds that had fallen to the earth made it hard to see, the sharp blasts of cold air entered her body in waves, and yet, she didn't feel anything. She watched as a significantly much older woman holding onto dear life. Her eyes were filled with tears, puffy and red. She took a step back and just wandered her hands around him. Like as if she had seen a ghost come to life. 

"You haven't changed…" She whispered while clasping her hands around her mouth.

"Yeah… but you certainly have," Naruto jested back. He noticed he didn't get the reaction he wanted and just softly laughed it off.

"I know… age does a lot to a woman you know," she replied still in disbelief.

Her eyes then finally landed on the stunned young woman, she could see the elder lady's eyes scan her from top to bottom, "...and who might this lovely young lady be? Your partner?"

Partner?! Hinata instantly blushed and shook her hands in front of herself to deny such a claim.

"I'm no such t-thing!" She yelped back.

Naruto ignored the whole commotion going on, he was quite used to her outburst at this point. Was she that disgusted with him ? He didn't know, nor did he pay mind to it. 

He pointed back his hand over his head and signaled at the young lady behind him, "That's my student. Her name is Hinata!" 

"Hinata…?" Tsunade voiced her name softly as her eyes returned to the lavender-haired girl. She watched intently and walked toward her slowly. 

"Does she know…" Tsunade now stood in front of her with her eyes looking straight through her "...about you Naruto?"

Know what? Hinata's head turned toward the blonde, giving him a questionable look. What did she mean?

"...no…" Naruto softly replied.

"Know what?" Hinata shot back. She noticed the solemn look on the elder lady's face. Why did she look at her in such a way? Why was she being kept in the dark? She had so many questions.

"Know what Naruto?" 

The silence was all she got, Tsunade finally stepped away from the blonde and softly shook her head.

"I'm sorry but I can't say…" Tsunade sympathized with the girl, it was strange. Almost as if she had entered something she didn't know.

Naruto then walked past them both and walked toward the porch of the rather big house. He stopped right before the door and said "in time Hinata, I will tell you," he opened the door with a slight crack and entered the home. Tsunade followed in suit and beckoned the girl to come.

Hinata was rather annoyed and upset at this point. Why was there so much secret and mystery? Why couldn't they tell her?

Perhaps he doesn't trust me… it finally dawned on her. She suddenly felt a cold wash of air take over her body. After all this time, after all their small conversations, she had thought she had made progress. But no, Naruto didn't trust her. And she finally understood. 

Naruto didn't trust anyone…

She silently held her head down and walked toward the porch, she could hear footsteps washing away inside the house, the smell of bread and tea filled her lungs just as she stood at the doorway. She bowed and removed her footwear and walked inside the rather warm and comfy home. 

Suddenly she felt a sharp jolt just from above her head making her jump in place. She looked up and saw his forearm just inches away from her face. And on the top of her head was his hand that was placed like a chop. He just karate chopped her head.