•15•

Amren Valentino

We attempted to remain the quietest we could, producing close to zero noise so we could reach the car in peace.

Of course our feet stepping on the already accumulated snow didn't help. In fact, it only helped them to locate us faster.

We we're halfway there unharmed, just as a rainfall of bullets showered us from the side, and we kept shooting randomly, buying us enough time and coverage to make it to the car safely.

The shooting kept intensifying, metallic bullet cases dropping to the ground like raindrops descending the sky.

"Fuck" I grunt once we made it to the car, I notice the red liquid spilling out of my gash on the side of my arm.

Have I been shot before? Yes, multiple times, hell, a lot more than that. My whole body was littered in recovered scars.

Did it mean I was immune to it? Fuck, no. It still hurts like a bitch every single time. Including now.

My breathing was labored and so was hers. We made a good run for the car.

Noah, who was already waiting for us dashed to the road the moment we made it inside the vehicle.

Aiyana was calming her breathing when she took a look at my bleeding arm.
Her eyes widen, her breath picking up again, the realization downing on her.

"You're shot. Let me see" She frantically ignores my death glares I sent her way and lifts the sleeve of my shirt delicately so she could examine the wound better.

We were racing towards the private airport, most likely still being followed by these men.

She took off the small jacket she was wearing, using the sleeves to wrap securely around my wound to stop the blood oozing out. Smart.

That left her in nothing but a long sleeved black flannel that surely wasn't thick enough to prevent the cold from seeping into her bones.

I say nothing as she works silently, the atmosphere too tense and serious.

After finishing, she settles back in her place. No one said a word as the car hummed silently on the road, the tires screeching every now and then due to the slipperiness of the white dusted roads.

We finally made it to the private runway we landed at merely two days ago. We filed out urgency lacing our every movement, trying to gain time on our trackers.

Aiyana shoots towards me taking hold of me guiding me towards the ready-for-takeoff jet.

I spring away from her touch "I don't need your help. Plus it's nothing" I grit my teeth snapping for the second time in her face today.

She doesn't seem to have it, she looks at me definitely "How about you shut up and do what you're told for once?" She used my earlier sentence on me and damn. That. Was. Hot.

She then proceeded to drag me away towards the private plane again, following quietly, we both were sulking, while Noah was close behind snickering in the background a suggestive smirk playfully on his lips.

Once we settled in, the pilot didn't waste any more time and decided to take off, lifting off the ground, we settled in our seats until we were up in the air, passing by the clouds.

Then, I unfastened my seatbelt and Noah did the same and we went to the lavatories where a first aid kit for emergencies was. He helped sterilize my wound and then wrapped it up with gauze, stopping the bleeding, so I can get it checked out by a doctor once we land.

The plane ride passed with me strung out on painkillers, out of it most of the time. Waking in between segments of pain and then getting knocked off again. Safe to say, the worst time of my life.

I wanted to kiss the soil the moment we landed. It felt like time shifted weirdly while we're in the air, every minute weighed like a year. But, who am I to say? I was in immense unbearable pain mid flight.

When we finally got off, another car was waiting for us, we started making our way there.

Aiyana lifts her eyebrows up "Where're we going?" She looked around trying to figure out the scenery which was bland snd didn't give anything away.

"Home" I say when we enter the car. I noticed how her ears peeked and her gaze shifted more vigilant and hyperaware.

•••

A/n: What happens next? ;)

For more updates
please vote and comment ❣️