•22•

Amren Valentino

To say I was pissed was an understatement for the state I was in. I was livid. Who the fuck dared to come onto my wife? Moreover, against her will that is.

I've witnessed how strong she is, she knows how to properly take care of herself, but it doesn't mean men should harass her. I was seething. Whomever that scumbag was, he was as dead as can be.

Then, the second reason why I'm lathered in seething anger tonight. It was her. Her body, her scent. The way her mouth pouted when she talks, the way her eyebrows sink when she's mad. Her electrifying touch, sending my stomach into overdrive at her slightest graze.

I didn't want to feel this way, I'm not supposed to feel this way. We were mere strangers who were life bound to each others like prisoners doomed in the same cell.

You're not supposed to get lost in the other inmate and forget the fact that you're locked up.

Ironically, this is exactly what was happening, she was slowly seeping into my life like a bad leak, it's not going to be long until I over poured.

I didn't know what was more lethal, the blade or her breath on my neck?

The small space of the limo couldn't contain the tension lounging around us. It was too much to bear even with the air conditioner blasted on to the fullest. I just couldn't calm the hell down knowing she sat right beside me, an inch separating her body from interweaving with mine.

When the tires come to a screech on the asphalted ground, I'm met face to face with the familiar sight of my house.
We make it out of the car and up the stairs in complete silence tugging the invisible string binding our souls together.

We saunter inside the room and we take turns in occupying the bathroom, washing the exhaustion from tonight off our skins.

I'm exiting the bathroom in nothing but a pair of sweatpants, when she darts out of the closet in another one of those skimpy night-wears; a creamy beige one contrasting with her caramel skin. I gulp down at the sight. She knows exactly what she's doing.

We walk towards the bed and I can't stop thinking about how hard it will have to be; sleeping beside her knowing I can't have her, she's not mine.

We both lay down on our backs, a few inches separating from touching each other. She's twisting and turning for the perfect position to sleep in when I shoot my hand to stop her from moving once she's facing me.

Her eyes widen in reaction, looking into mine asking for what's next. I trail my hand from her exposed shoulder up her neck, all the way to the outline of her lips, letting it rest there.

Her eyes screw shut involuntarily "Make it quick" She whimpers. My eyebrows tighten in confusion at her statement.

"Make what quick?" I ask her in the dark room. She sounded so fragile, helpless that I was perplexed as to what she meant.

"This. Just take me quick, I don't want to feel the pain" It comes out a whisper and I notice her lips are trembling under my touch.

I pull my hand away "Yana, Look at me" I tell her with an authoritative voice, not leaving any space for her to disobey.

She opens her eyes and that's when I catch it for the first time, the look of fear planted inside of her, it tugs at my heartstrings to witness her in such terror.

I move slightly over, demolishing the space between us to zero, my hand wrapped lightly on her cheek, radiating warmth. I kiss her forehead and I hear her sigh beneath me; out of relief I hope.

"I know we haven't known each other long, but that doesn't mean I'll do anything without your consent" I make it clear that everything can go according to her own pace, nothing has to be pressured upon her.

She nods in understanding, still dazed a bit when I covered her in the quilt and pecked her forehead a second time. "Sleep well" I whisper and close my eyes, withdrawing back to my side.

It's not long before I feel something crawl up against me. She stuffs her head in my chest, wrapping her arms around my shoulder and I wrap my arms around her figure. A smile plays out on my lips at how perfect this feels, her body fitting with mine like it's meant to be.

It's safe to say it didn't take neither of us long until we drifted to the best sleep of our lives, at least for me it was.

•••

A/n: I'm lonely, I want someone
to cuddle with🥺🥺🙃

Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did while writing it.