continued...

II

Catherine Eddowes grew up in the town of Graisley Green, Wolverhampton. The date was: April 14, 1842.

       Her Father, George Eddowes, 32, was a tin plate worker; her Mother, Catherine (née) Evans, 32, was a homemaker, (she had 11 children in all).

        "Catherine's goin' ter work fer me", George said to his wife.

        "Wot fer, George. She's go' small education; she go' no 'ope". Catherine said.

          "Well, that's fer the world we live in now. England's under threat from the London Ripper...An' now, you disagree about work...I work; you don't work. Women don' work; Men work. An' they stay 'ome an' cook, clean, and take care o' the children...An' cook the meals". George said pompously.

          "And you're an' arrogant man", said Catherine.

          And then George smashed his face into his wife's head with both hands. And, as she screamed,  and with blood splattering her cheap black dress, their daughter fled their home...And ran away onto the dangerous cobbled streets...And decided to use her body for sex...despite the fact that the London Ripper was near Whitechapel...And intent on murdering those who walked the streets alone.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Page 4