the veil of souls.

i had kept the journal with me. it was able to fit in my coat pocket. along with a writing stick.

so here i am. writing after having just fallen off a tower with a girl in my arms.

the world around me is familiar. its the cemetary. but the whole word is diffrent.

like time froze when i hit the ground. the snow is falling very slowly upwards.

and the sky is like looking at some old psychadelic image of flowing colors. like the aroura borealis but in various shades of blue.

the head stones are in pristine condition, id assume its a exact duplicate of the "living" world and its night. perhaps the day would have various shaded of orange in the sky. i cant help but think it would make incredible artwork. even van gogh himself would want to paint the whole place with its surrealistic beauty. perhaps he was here and tried painting the world like this.

i heard the caw of a crow nearby. it was Farkas.

after waving with a kind smile i saw him fly behind the tower out of my view.

from the other side of the tower walked a man who was incredibly sharp in style i was cought off guard. he wore a completely black tuxedo with coat tails down to his ankles. 

"your very polite arent you. and i see you have the ring on. good show. so do forgive me for asking but, whats it like to die?"

after processing what i had just seen and what was spoken i responded claiming i wasnt sure. which was true as i was certainly dead having just fallen off a tower with a girl who wasnt anywhere to be seen. and yet here i was writing.

"its a trick question my dear fellow. you havnt died. well not entirely. matter of fact your one of very few who was brought here. the last fellow was a strange lad. after he was taken back to the other side of the veil he became an artist."

after standing up from where i was sitting i decided to ask a question of my own.

"farkas. where am i? and wheres the woman who fell with me."

"ah the misstress. shes fine. matter of fact youve been asleep for an hour and i was instructed to greet you when you woke up."

"the misstress? er... what time is it?"

after a hearty chortle farkas reached into a pocket and handed me my pocket watch " this flew of of you when you hit dirt. repaired it myself. dont mind the clock face, all clocks run backwards here, but the time is always right, so for your normal time ive taken the liberty of inverting the clock face so you could read it easily. just remember it turns counter clockwise." 

i looked at the watch and what he said was true. after stowing the watch in my pocket and securing the chain to a button hole on my coat i looked up to find farkas opening the tower door.

"in here my good sir. by the way. the maps you made. you have those on you?" he held out his hand and i gave them to him to see.

after marking some parts and making small notes he handed the pages back.

"just to help you along. ive marked the areas that are impassable and some areas that can be used to get around. avoid the others. ive also numbered the pages so you can be in order. now then down you go."

i looked up the tower stairs to find the stairs led up like it did when the woman had led me up. but also found the stairs spiraled down. the tower floor was gone and it seemed to go down infinitly. i couldnt see the bottom. 

"farkas, how am i supposed to see?"

looking me right in the eyes with a blank face and a subtle smile he said " you have the ring ad thats all you need dear boy. 

i stepped inside and heard farkas shout "good hunting to ya lad, youll see her soon enough"

the door was closed and i had a really long way down.