unlife

dec 10

i keep catching climpses of a beautiful woman in the corner of my eye ocasionally. when i look she isnt there. i smile anyway wondering when ill see her directly.

i cant help but wonder if i was flirting with death or if perhaps she was flirting with me.

im going to go with a bit of both.

the snow is thick and heavy. the wind is dead cold.

it doesnt seem to affect me since i started making it a habit of wearing the ring.

the tarot deck was laid on the dining table. i found it was also a intresting puzzle once i noticed there were numbers in the detailed pictures.

looking at them from the face sides once i started following the instructions was easy enough.

after flipping over the cards to the backs i noticed it made a large picture. of what i cant be sure.

the picture changes depending on the angle.

the hidden pictures seem to look like maps of some kind. i made a few sketches to see if i could recreate each image seperately. i ended up with six pages of what definitly appeares to be maps.

outside i heard the cawing of the crow i nicknamed farkas.

as i looked out the window i saw farkas left a envelope jammed just under the window.

it was instructions to show up at cheasnik cemetary. in a few days. and to wear something formal but not too sharp.

on the page was a small drawing of where i should wait.

dec 25

i waited at the cemetery where i was told. at the base near the wood door. the cemetary was unoccupied, and the tower was made of stone. everything was cold, but beautiful since it was covered in white now, only the rows of headstones centuries old and decades new were visible.

the rolling hills making it a place id have liked to make art of so as to capture the beauty of a snowy cemetery.

as i was calmly taking in the radiant beauty of my surroundings she softly cuddled me without warning, making me tense with the unexpected touch of her body against mine. i finaly got a look at her face.

beauty was not the appropriate word for it. for it was worth no words as her beauty was more than anything dreams could make.

her dress was diffrent too. it was tailor cut to fit her body leaving her curves and lines to shame a beauty queen.

the black fur coat was soft, and her hair went to her knees at it was softly tugged in the cold december wind.

she whispered in my ear as she held my shoulders as she stood behind me.

i was again aware of her chest pressing against my back.

she said "im glad you came, most would have denied the opportunity"

i told her i had a few reasons for showing up. 

"i know. thats why i chose you because you would have wanted to know instead of being afraid of something unexplaiable and relying on denial."

i asked her about the fear i had that night she made me sleep.

"you didnt run or scream. you stayed because you didnt perceive me as an immidiate or unholy threat."

i replied with "its rude to run out on guests, especially those who want to converse politely."

she then took my hand and opened the tower, the door was locked as i did check it when i arrived. she must have unlocked it.

as we conversed she led me up the stairs by hand to the top of the tower. the view up here would also be a great sketch view.

after several minutes of us gazing out to the cemetary she pointed out the sun was going down.

i asked if it was a problem, and she said it wasnt, it was just getting closer to my next chapter.

i asked what she meant. and she backed me up against the wood railing.

lightly carresing my face she spoke.

"ill show you when the suns out."

then she started waltzing alone on the tower,  heading over to a spot where the wall had crumbled off the structure creating a falling hazard.

she stopped there and held her arms out slowly walking to the edge with tiny steps smiling telling me id better come closer.

i asked her to come back over before she fell.

"take my hand and i will."

i did. she pulled me close suddely and swiveled around so i was the one wo was teetering off the edge. i stared at her. her face smiled with joy like she was a child who saw something amazing.

then the threw herself forward and kissed me as we fell off the edge.

time slowed to a crawl, it felt like it was taking a while to hit the ground i expected, thoughts swam through my head like a landslide cascading down a mountain in a stampede.

everything faded to black abruptly.

i was dead.