dead or alive

last night was a bittersweet occasion. dying... and yet living now.

am i living? in a sense i suppose so.

i hadnt noticed until this morning in the bathroom mirror my skin was as white as death.

my eyes had changed color too. they are now a odd neon color of what they were. and the pupils reflect like a cats eyes do.

her supple, gorgeous body with its deathly beauty is residing in my bed. i was carefull not to wake her... as i assume shes sleeping.

after finding some clothes i decided to write this.

after everything i had been through and some serious thinking on when i asked who she was, and what she did at the tower, and all of what happend im fairly certain i know who she is.

even still im unsure why im alive now. did she choose me for something or did she want something more?

she had silently walked up behind me as i was contemplating all of this. in her hand was coffee.

yet i hadnt made any. placing a subtle lick on my cheek was the first sign i got she was awake, the second being her soothing voice wishing me a good morning. she handed me the cup and i took it wondering how it was here when i hadnt made any.

she hadnt put anything on and instead wore the blanket drapped across her shoulders.

sitting in a chair next to me leaning back comfortably while folding her legs i couldnt help but notice her nakedness.

"see something youd die for?" she cooed with a wry smirk.

"havnt i died already?" i responded back in an attempt at humor.

"you know who i am then?"

sipping from the cup to see if it was as it looked was what i did before answering. the coffee was exactly how i liked it. with milk and sugar.

"your teleute?" i responded remembering an old name from mythological history.

her expression was one of amazement i knew of such a word. "i havnt heard that name in so very long. but yes. i am death."

"mind if i ask you something a bit personal?" i said setting the half empty cup down on the table.

she leaned forward moving the chair closer, and wrapped her arms around me above my shoulders. one hand brushing a few messy hairs out of my face.

"ask away. you do deserve to have answers dear."

"dear?" i responded nervously.

"thats right. unless youd rather not go that far and call it a relationship." she smiled.

" why me? what did you choose me for?" i asked as still as i could without shivering. not that it was cold. but because of her eyes.

after taking a few seconds to stare back in mine she said "why not. you were the right one. and i wanted to have someone to be with. you do have an opinion and should have some say im whether or not it goes any farther."

clearing my throat and trying to relax was like trying to walk in shoes a few sizes too big. possible yet difficult. " be with? like a partner? or freind?"

she leaned in closer, her face just a hairs width from mine, her hands playing softly in my hair.

"both. its your choice which."

"thank you for giving me an option, ill accept it seeing as how im already here. and to be honest... i dont think i was getting anywhere."

"your welcome" she said before kissing me on the nose and standing up to head back to the bedroom.

i watched her walk away draped in my blanket. the funny feeling of her hands running through my head fading.

i would have thought id have been afraid, or turned down the offer and thought it was bad luck i was killed by her.

yet i felt like i was on top of the world. reborn as a new man.

after some minutes went by she told be to grab some nice clothes. so i picked a crimson pinstripe suit with a white dress shirt, and a black vest with a red tie. from the closet. it was a 1920 style suit and i thought it was good for leaving unforgetable impressions in job interviews.

i turned around as i was finishing buttoning the vest and i saw her, leaning on the door frame. she had watched me.

she was dressed in a purple silk dress going down to her knees. the shoes were inch long heels, and her winter coat was down to her ankles unbuttoned. her long black hair spilling smoothly down the back with a few strands up front. the look in her eyes was that of confidence.

"so why crimson? the style of the suit is sharp but why crimson?" she asked intrigued.

"i thought it looked unique and its a nice color." i answered fondly.

there was a knock on the apartment door. when i answered it it was farkas. dressed in the same black butler uniform as before. with the add on of a red rose in the lapel.

"good show sir, the suit is impecable, and madame you look simply deathly if i dare sayeth."

he said with a kind twinkle in his dark eyes. a genuine smile on his face proved his words were truthfully spoken.

on the way out i grabbed a book i had wrapped several days before in paper.

"giving someone something? you really are as nice as farkas said."

as we went down to the ground floor lobby i took note the girl from before was still here, and rather releived to have seen me walk down, she waved and wished me a wonderfull christmas day.

i gave her the wrapped book and watched her unwrap it. she gleefuly thanked me for it and began reading it as soon as farkas, teleute and i had walked outside.

the snow was white and crisp. and a few feet away from the blocks was a 1930's rolls royce phantom three.

i was captured by the beauty of the antique automobile, with its distinguishable classy look that screamed royalty, and its sombre polite tone.

farkas opened the door and motioned for us to get in. still drinking in the beautiful construction i followed in after death herself, quite literally.

farkas started the engine, and began the cruise. taking the woman i had met in the rain, and myself through the streets as the dawn was reaching day. teleute rested her head on my shoulder and asked what my choice was.

after reaching my arms around her i said 

                                                                        "im yours. dead or alive."