When the Qrows come Home

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The elevator doors open revealing Qrow Branwen, already drunk off his ass.

"Heya, Oz." Qrow greets me and takes a gulp from his flask.

"Hello Qrow, I take it your mission was a success?" I ask.

Qrow stops drinking and puts his flask away. "Nah, every time I find a lead they always seem to manage to slip away at the last second." He states. "Whoever did this to Amber, they know how to cover their tracks well."

"Well, you can stop worrying about that because they are here in Vale right now." I told him as I take a sip from my mug.

Qrow looks dumbfounded for a minutes before rushing towards me, "you already know where they are!?" 

I'm taken aback on Qrow's sudden actions, it seems he cares deeply for Amber though the show never seemed to explain why. "Yes, I would assume that they are here to take the rest of the Fall Maiden as well as take a jab at me for the she-devil they work for."

"So the Queen has pawns, huh?" Qrow said.

"The Queen always has pawns Qrow, but that's just it they're pawns if nothing else." I stand from my chair and look at the horizon. "Pawns are very versatile, Qrow. They can become any other piece if they stick around long enough to make it across the board." I walk back to my desk and pull out a Black Pawn chess piece. I keep doing so until I have a full set. "They are a marker for all beings, where one stands doesn't define what they do, what good can they accomplish?"

"..." Qrow says nothing as he stares at chess pieces.

"But who cares about that." I take my arm and wipe all of the chess pieces off my desk, surprising Qrow. "I want to tell you some good news for a change."

"Really?" Qrow asked.

"Yes. For one, Summer Rose is alive."

"WHAT!?" Qrow exclaims.

"Inside voice, Qrow." I told him.

"How!? I... I saw the state she was in, Oz. She can't be alive." Qrow states as memories from that day floods in his mind. Immediately, he takes out his flash and takes a long gulp.

"Normally, you would be right which brings me to my other good news." I take sig from my mug. "My magic has returned Qrow, and its stronger than ever."

"You're joking."

"Want some prove?" I asked him. "You can appear now." On queue, Siegfried materializes next to me much to Qrow's shock. 

It took all of his willpower not to spit the contents of his flash all over the office.

"Who..." Qrow struggles to swallow the alcohol. "Who is that?"

"Allow me to introduce you to my Servant, Siegfried. Long story short, he is a hero from the distant past that I summoned as my familiar." I explained.

Siegfried steps forward and extends his hand. "It is nice to meet you, I hope we can get along."

Qrow stares at Siegfried for a solid minutes before slowly and hesitantly shakes hand. "...likewise."

"I'm glad you two are getting acquainted." I take a sip of my mug but notice that it was empty. 

"So," Qrow looks at me. "where is Summer?" 

"I have no idea." I said as I refill my mug. "She sort of vanished without anyone noticing." 

Qrow blinks a few times before an idea crosses his mind and smirks. "I think I know where she is."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch

A door slams open, causing a dog to yelp in surprise.

Taiyang's jaw clicks open with an audible pop.

"Summer!?" 

"Hey, loverboy. Miss me~?"

He didn't have time for anything more than that before his wife tackles him to the couch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...kinky." I said.

"So, is there anything else I should know before I pass out from all this bullshit?" Qrow asked.

"Yes, actually, I have taken in an apprentice. His name is Jaune Arc." I told him.

Qrow arches an eyebrow. "An apprentice? Really?"

"Yes and he is paying me back with his body." I take a sip of my mug.

"...what?" Qrow mumbles, unable to comprehend what the headmaster just said.

"Master..." Siegfried sighs.

"Oh yes, I told him that he should go out with his partner along with several girls. Your nieces are on that list, too." I said nonchalantly.

Qrow couldn't take it anymore. He takes his flask and drinks the entire thing before promptly passing out on the floor. 

Siegfried stares at the drunken bird before turning his attention to me. "Shall I take him to the infirmary?" 

"Go ahead." Siegfried lifts Qrow's body and takes the elevator. "This is nice."

Just another day at Beacon.