Getting a Pet Raven

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying back to Vale was pleasant enough. Smooth sailing with no distractions... yep, definitely no distractions whatsoever.

...

...

...

...okay there was one distraction.

(Flashback)

"Jimmy, you asshole. 'Sorry, Ozpin. But I can't give you a ride back to Beacon because I have doctor's appointment'." I clicked my tongue. "He could have at least come up with something more clever."

Apparently, one can go from Vale to Atlas with ease but to go to Vale from Atlas you had to stop by Mistral. When I learned about this I called bullshit and told James that he needs to change it and make more easier, but then he told me that if I hate it so much then I should take it with Vale council because it their idea and he wasn't in the mood for more politics.

So here I am in the Atlas/Mistral border waiting for a Bullhead to take me home while freezing my ass off. "Fucking Jimmy, how this day get any worse?"

*BOOM!*

On queue, bandits attack the border for some reason, fighting the border patrol and taking their stuff.

"I'm starting to think Qrow's Semblance is rubbing off on me..." I mutter as everything around me is on fire. "This is not nice."

A group of bandits begin to charge at me thought they were doing it very slowly. "Haaa... I am really not in the mood for this shit." I point my cane at the ground under them. "[Slip]"

The bandits all slip and fall hard to the ground faces first. "That takes care of them."

"Well, I did not expect you to be here of all places." 

From the flames, the form of Raven Branwen walks towards me. She takes off her mask and smirks. "Good to see you... Ozpin."

(I don't own this image)

"Hey there... you..." 

Raven blinks and gives me a look. "Are you serious? Are you serious struggling to remember my name!?"

"No, no, no, I clearly remember!" I exclaim. "I know it starts with an 'R'..." I ponder for a bit and snap my fingers. "Rachel!"

*SLASH*

Raven attacks me but I swiftly dodge her attack though a bit of my hair gets cut. "Oh, triggered!"

"Its Raven, Raven Branwen!" Raven growls. "The former third member of Team STRQ, one of the best Huntsman teams in all of Remnant!"

"Seriously? You don't look like a team player."

"I was one of your students at that accursed academy for four goddamn years!"

"Nope, doesn't ring a bell." I told her.

"My daughter is going to your school for God's sake!" Raven yells out.

Then everything clicks. "Oh, Tai's little girl. I thought she looked familiar."

Raven smirks. "So you finally remember. Old age really has done wonders to your memory."

"Oh no, no. I could never forget you. The edge lord." Raven's eyes widen. "I remember seeing you and your brother at the library many times writing those emo poems which were affectionately titled 'Nevermore' by Summer." I smirked. "Did you know after you guys graduated, I had those poems sent to a publishing company? Sadly, they didn't make me any money so it was all just a waste of time and money."

Raven grits her teeth.

My smirk simply grows wider. "Oh, but that's not all. I remember Summer asking you to dress up for a convention she and Tai were going to, but you refused. Imagine my surprise when I saw you later dressed up and acting like that character when you're team wasn't around." I start laughing. "Oh that was just adorable."

Raven blushes and all the bandits look at their leader with discontent. Their image of their fearless and powerful leader is shattered by the image of a teenage Raven wearing a frilly dress and holding a magic wand, acting all cutesy and winking.

"Raven, is this true?" Vernal asked.

(I don't own this image)

Raven says nothing, as she is blushing from the embarrassment. She grits her teeth and sends me a hateful glare. "You...!" She grips her sword tight until her knuckles turn white. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!" She swings her sword at me, gone was her stone, cool look now replaced with pure uncontrolled rage.

'This is stupid.' I thought.

*CLANG*

I raise my cane and easily catch Raven's blade. "I remember once telling you to get your anger in check. Looks like there's one thing you and your daughter have in common (that and your weird obsession with your hair)."

Raven's eyes ignite as her body bursts with magical energy. "RAAAAAAH!" She manifests spikes of ice and hurls them at me.

I look at the attack with indifference. "Really? Is that the best you can do?" I wave my hand and all of the ice melts, shocking Raven. "Did you honestly think that was going to work? I gave four girls the power to control the very elements. And what I can give..." Raven only blinks as now she sees me standing in front of her with my hand above her face. "I can take away."

Power begins to leave Raven as it flows to me. The process quickly ends and Raven collapses on the snow. The bandits see this and make a run for it, leaving their glorious leader behind.

"Wow those guys can sure run." Just then, the sound of engines grab my attention as I turn to see a Bullhead beginning to land. "And where the hell have you been!?"

(Flashback end)

"And so here we are." I told the tied Raven.

Raven sends me a murderous glare. "This isn't over, Ozpin. When I get out of these chains I will rip your heart out and make you eat it!"

"Hm." I take a sip from my mug. "I wouldn't worry too much. Pretty soon, you will be putting that nice body of yours to good use."

Raven pales at what I'm implying.

"Yep. And I know dear Leo could use a partner to ease the burden." I state nonchalantly.

Oh god.

"Hm? Looks like we're here." I look out the window and see the Beacon CCT on the horizon. "Welcome back to Beacon. Hope you like it because you're gonna be here for a long time." An evil smile forms on my face.

Raven gulps. 'What have I got myself into?'