Get to know Rachel Meinke!

In celebration of Wattpad Books publishing Along for the Ride  we interviewed the author Rachel Meinke (aka knightsrachel)! You can buy your copy today wherever books are sold.  

Rachel Meinke has been posting her stories on Wattpad since 2011, garnering over 300 millions reads, and several Watty Awards. When she isn't writing, Rachel can be found at the beach, the closest amusement park, or at a used bookstore browsing the bookshelves to add to her ever growing collection. Rachel is a graduate of the University of Central Florida, hoping to teach the young minds of the next generation, and can be found on Wattpad, Snapchat, Twitter, and Instagram at @knightsrachel.

What is your favourite book?

Red White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

What TV show are you currently obsessed with right now?

The Falcon & The Winter Soldier

What is one app you would not be able to go without using even for just one day?

Timehop - can't lose my streak!

Who is your biggest hero?

As cheesy as it is, my parents. They embody everything I want to be.

Where is your happy place?

As long as I'm with the people I love, anywhere.

But also Disney World.

Who is your OTP?

Alex & Henry from Red White & Royal Blue.

But also Luc & Oliver from Boyfriend Material.

Can you describe your perfect writing area?

A corner booth at Panera with a cinnamon roll & a diet pepsi, a broadway soundtrack, and no distractions.

What motivates you to work hard?

So I can buy my dog every color harness from Lucy & Co.

What makes you laugh the most?

John Mulaney

What is your favourite animal?

A polar bear!

What are your hobbies?

DIY furniture! I started by flipping old furniture and now I want to build a dining room table.

How would your friends describe you?

A direct quote from Ariana Godoy, "Rachel is a little puddle of potentially broken bones, love, and empathy."

What is the tallest building you've been to the top in?

The Eiffel Tower?

The Empire State Building?

the Statue of Liberty?

I don't know what the tallest building is. (Wikipedia tells me it's the Empire State Building.)

Who would you want to attend your dream dinner party? (dead or alive)

Jennifer Lee, co-director of Frozen 1 & 2. I would love to pick her brain and learn from the Queen Boss herself.

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Half full!

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Oh very much an introvert.

If you had to describe yourself as an animal which one would you be?

A manatee

What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Decorating my parents' family Christmas tree together, with Christmas music and plenty of ornament placement arguments.

What are your pet peeves?

When people don't smile at my dog at a stop light as his head is leaning out of the window and his tongue is flopping. SMILE AT HIM.

What is your ideal way to spend a weekend?

Saturday morning bench press followed by a smoothie run. a trip to the dog park or a hike on the bike trails (with my dog). and then a really good afternoon nap. followed by dinner made by someone that isn't me and floating in the pool with a Truly.

Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

I'm working on a rewrite of My Brother's Best Friend for my Master's program project!