Get to know Tay Marley

In celebration of Wattpad Books publishing The Summer of '98 we interviewed the author Tay Marley! You can buy your copy today wherever books are sold.  

Wattpad HQ: Who is your OTP?

Tay Marley: If we're talking books, Drayton and Dallas of course. In real life? Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell !

Wattpad HQ: What is your favourite book?

Tay Marley: Impossible to answer, I'm afraid

Wattpad HQ: What TV show are you currently obsessed with right now?

Tay Marley: OUTER BANKS!

Wattpad HQ: What is one app you would not be able to go without using even for just one day?

Tay Marley: Instagram!

Wattpad HQ: Where is your happy place?

Tay Marley: With my children.

Wattpad HQ: Can you describe your perfect writing area?

Tay Marley: Somewhere quiet, with a view outside, if it's raining, PERFECT. The rain gives me a whole other level of motivation. I need something serene.

Wattpad HQ: What motivates you to work hard?

Tay Marley: Being able to provide for my children.

Wattpad HQ: What makes you laugh the most?

Tay Marley: That's a tough one. Probably my nine year old. He has the wit and comebacks of a grown man. He's quick and hilarious. Love his humour.

Wattpad HQ: What is your favourite animal?

Tay Marley: Wild, a meerkat. Domestic, cats !

Wattpad HQ: What are your hobbies?

Tay Marley: Reading of course. I also like to make little fan edits of favourite movies and shows.

Wattpad HQ: What is the tallest building you've been to the top in?

Tay Marley: The Sky Tower in Auckland New Zealand. Went right to the top and the floor has glass panels that you can stand on. Such a cool experience.

Wattpad HQ: Is your glass half full or half empty?

Tay Marley: Full !

Wattpad HQ: Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Tay Marley: Introvert for sure.

Wattpad HQ: What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Tay Marley: Since I was a child, I've been going to a lake house in Taupo for summer vacation. It's my favourite memories as a kid and now I get to take my own kids there. It's one of my favourite places in the world.

Wattpad HQ: What is your ideal way to spend a weekend?

Tay Marley: In the winter I love to hang at home with family, fire going, movies on, church on Sunday, hot lunches ! In the summer I love to have the kids outside, beach trips, barbecues. Making memories.

Wattpad HQ: Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

Tay Marley: Currently I am working on a potential third instalment to the QB series. But I won't say more for now :)