Get to know Sam Schill!

In celebration of Wattpad Books publishing Swallowwe interviewed the author Sam Schill (aka pixee_styx)! You can buy your copy today wherever books are sold.

Sam Schill penned her first story at age nine after telling scary stories as a child. She's had a slew of jobs in retail, housekeeping, and even dabbled in tattooing, but writing has always been the most natural to her. When she isn't reading or writing horror, Sam enjoys art and 90's music karaoke, and she lives in Southeastern Kentucky with her family.

What is your favourite book?

Pet Sematary by Stephen King and Horns by Joe Hill. I can't choose between the two.

What TV show are you currently obsessed with right now?

The You series on Netflix. Can't wait for season 3!

What is one app you would not be able to go without using even for just one day?

Wattpad.

Who is your biggest hero?

It sounds cheesy, but the answer for this is my son, Nathan. He's a fireman and so brave! He constantly puts his life in danger to save others.

Where is your happy place?

Lost in a good book or shopping in a craft store.

Who is your OTP?

Sookie and Eric in the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris

Can you describe your perfect writing area?

I can write anywhere, but I feel most comfortable on my couch, with my laptop. I've got a cold Diet Dr. Pepper at my side and reruns of a good show (Charmed, Dexter, etc.) playing low on the TV.

What motivates you to work hard?

Family. I want to be able to give my family a better life.

What makes you laugh the most?

Animal videos and memes.

What is your favourite animal?

Dogs.

What are your hobbies?

Painting, book cover designing, reading, and I love to sing karaoke.

How would your friends describe you?

Dependable and kind. Maybe also a little bossy, since I'm usually the one reminding everyone to do things like, "wear your seatbelt."

What is the tallest building you've been to the top in?

I have no idea, lol. I try to stay as close to the ground as I can. Heights aren't really a strong point for me.

Who would you want to attend your dream dinner party? (dead or alive)

Stephen King, Edgar Allan Poe, Kurt Cobain, Johnny Depp.

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Half full.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Introvert.

If you had to describe yourself as an animal which one would you be?

An owl.

What is your favorite family holiday tradition?

Watching the Grinch cartoon. We watch it every year and I still love it.

What are your pet peeves?

Rude people. Especially the ones that are rude to servers or cashiers at restaurants.

What is your ideal way to spend a weekend?

Relaxing with loved ones, binging a new season of a good show.

Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

I'm working on a book I call Don't Whistle at Night. It takes place in the woods and involves a girl and her family trying to survive an attack by a specific type of monster.