Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Nik. Nik? Nik!"

I was shaken awake by Tyler.

Our room was dark and I felt like I'd barely slept five seconds. I was beyond confused, looking around me, searching for some kind of threat.

"What? What?"

"My left arm hurts and I think my heartbeat is really irregular. Am I having a heart attack? Do I need to start chewing Aspirin?" Tyler asked, sitting on my bed beside me.

I sat up ready to freaking strangle him.

"Are you goddamn serious?" I snapped.

"Am I dying?"

I sighed, holding my head in my hands. "I'm going to kill you, so yeah, definitely dying."

"Come on, I'm serious."

I grabbed his hand, too sleepy to realize I really should stop indulging is little drama fits.

"Why am I even taking your goddamn pulse?" I mumbled. "You're completely fine. You drank Red Bull last night before going to bed so you could stay up later to study for your test tomorrow."

"My arm hurts."

"Yeah, because you're goddamn tired. Seriously Tyler, go back to bed and leave me alone."

"You're not very supporting. If I die of a heart attack, you'll regret saying this."

"Seriously? Seriously? Get off my bed."

I didn't know why I was more snappy than usual. Well, yeah, I knew, it was because he'd just woken me up in the middle of the night and he'd been annoying me all weekend long.

It wouldn't have made sense for me not to be annoyed with him. We lived in close quarters all the time. Even your favourite people could get on your nerves in this situation.

Tyler went back in his bed, and I laid back in mine.

I couldn't fall back asleep now.

I was mad. I was thinking about the fact that maybe I was just better off alone and without friends and without people pestering me all the time and I was spiraling into dark thoughts and dangerous territories and just being really toxic in my head, just for the sheer pleasure of making myself suffer apparently.

At six in the morning, I got out of bed, and left our room. I ate my breakfast slowly at the cafeteria and checked some things for assignments on my lap top.

I didn't want to deal with Tyler for now. I needed to cool off before I said something I would regret when I remembered he was my best friend and not just the idiot who woke me up in the middle of the night.

Finally, I grabbed the tallest cup of coffee I could get from a stand on campus and headed to my first class of the day.

I was actually the first in class, so I made my way to my usual table.

I basically hugged my cup of coffee, my hood over my head, slumped down on my seat, waiting for this day to be over so I could go back to bed.

I was going to go back to my apartment tonight. I didn't want Tyler to annoy me again.

Like, most of the time he was funny, but this time, he just really annoyed me.

Esther walked in class, and headed for our table, scooching behind me to get to her seat beside the wall.