Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Here we were, Friday night again and my friends were making sure I wasn't going to spiral back to my bad habits.

Apparently my good behaviour warranted a treat so they decided to bring me to this more-pub-than-club bar. The whole gang was here again. Tyler and Van. Lexi and Blake. Daphnee and Josh. Alex and Travis. And once again, my pathetic and alone self.

So here we were sitting at a too small booth for the four couples and myself, and obviously Daphnee had decided that sitting on my lap was the right option to deal with this predicament.

Her baby daddy didn't seem to care. Daphnee had told the gang about her pregnancy so since it wasn't a secret anymore, she'd basically announced that I was the sort-of-doctor of the group and I had to watch out for baby Torres all evening long. She was actually keeping my hand on her stomach, to keep watch.

Also, she said we had to suffer together because we both weren't allowed to drink.

Taking me to a bar on a Friday night without letting me drink was definitely more of a torture than a treat.

I hated my friends.

Also...

"Guys, I think we seriously need to appreciate this moment. I'm the ninth wheel. Ninth wheel!" I told them.

"This wouldn't happen if you brought your damn boyfriend. Stop playing around with his poor feelings," Alex told me.

"I actually brought my two boyfriends," I gladly informed him, glaring at Tyler and Blake, "it's not my fault that they brought dates of their own."

"Blakina isn't listening," Tyler informed me. Sure enough, he was just staring at his wife. She was wearing a cute outfit, but I didn't look like the kind of thing that should take away all of his mental skills. But when did anything ever make sense when these two came into play?

"Lexi, look at what you did to the poor guy," Alex said.

"Hey, I think it's been established that I can't control that boy," she answered.

"On the contrary, I think the years have shown that Blake is entirely your bitch," Josh replied.

"Music to my ears," Blake said, ignoring everyone.

"We got four words ladies and gentleman!" Tyler shouted, making everyone laugh.

We kept chatting around and teasing each other. I was drinking sad mocktails with Daph.

A girl walked up to our table. Black hair, cherry lips, cute top ands short skirt but most of all, kind eyes.

"Hey, I couldn't help but notice your odd number. Mind if I join you guys?" she asked with a small smile. Clearly, it had taken a lot of courage to come up to a table full of strangers and try to strike up a conversation. I liked it.