12|serendipity

serendipity (n.): finding something good without looking for it.

): finding something good without looking for it

I am a winner but also he is not a loser.

I kept repeating this statement over and over.

*Flashback*

"Jasper, you will call the number I will send you. All you have to say is "Somebody is planning to steal the gem."I ordered him in one breathe, letting out a sigh.

"I will but what is the reason?"He asked worriedly.

"You just do as told"I ended the call before he could respond and sent him the phone number. I look at papae's office, the light is on indicating that he is in it. After he will receive the emergency call from the man Jasper will talk to, his logical reaction will be checking if is still safe. Right?

I wait and wait, nothing happens.

Boring moments pass as I tap on the steering wheel. Tap. Tap. Tap.

He storms out of the metal gate, rushing hurriedly to his car. He opens it , scrambling nervously with the keys before stepping in and leaving.

I follow him from a distance, careful not to be noticeable. He turns to the right then on the main road, finally, he stops at a museum.

Well, it is in a museum then? huh.

He locks his vichele then runs to the front door, his hand on his heart and fear rippled through his body.

I tiptoe my way behind him then I see him entering a bathroom. I stay in my spot for ten minutes, so I launch into it. It is wide from the inside but what catches my attention is a tiny door on the opposite side of the room. I kick it to open leading a long hallway. If I go in now, I will be stuck with papae if he is still here.

Footsteps echoed, informing me that Paulo is nearing. I dash out of here when I am sure dad is now far away. I jog into it again.

I stand few inches away from the door I don't want to be seen by the security cameras. But I see it, with the marvellous appearance it stands there in the middle shining with its glory.

My affirmations have been confirmed it is in this museum. This was easier than I thought.

I am currently at my police office shuffling through the papers. I sigh loudly. I had reached a very dead spot in my investigation.

How will I find that damn clue that will destroy Emilio and let me win?

An idea comes to my mind building a smirk on my lips.

I can record him admitting the crime that will be great without him knowing.

A knock had me grumping, who is it now?

"Come in," I commanded with a stable tone.

An old officer from texas moves toward my desk, standing near it.

"How can I help you?"I flexed my fingers together, I caught a paper with him. Is it for me?

"This was sent for you Ma'am."My heart started pounding in my ears. What do they want? And from me.

"Thank you, you can leave." I dismissed him, eager to discover the envelope between my hands.

It read:" We gave you enough time to investigate and question the murder case you were responsible for. Your duration has finished, we will assign someone else for a mission you were not able to solve."

What the fuck?

They want me to stop what I had begun.

No way I would do that. For Seth and Juliane I won't stop. But this time secretly I would be doing that.

                               ꨄ︎