21|Inanitation

Inanitation:(n.) Weakness is characterized by a lack of vitality or energy.

) Weakness is characterized by a lack of vitality or energy

Surprisingly, I did it.

I brought Valentina to my estate since she turned unconscious.

What is more shocking is that I felt a little frightened at the thought of her death or losing her.

But my logic told me that if she died, my life and my mind would be more peaceful. She is a pain in my ass.

I couldn't miss the way my heart sank the minute I saw her fall as my mind started to predict the upcoming future.

And the way I was relieved when I felt her pulse.

At that moment I knew that I may be lying or lied to her or whoever I told that my goal was to get rid of her or kill her.

Since now I don't like the idea of her death.

Surely that would put me in danger which will cause a lot of barriers in my work and life.

But if I was forced to kill her, I certainly will.

I sit on the stool, in the opposite room where the doctor and Valentina are.

I take a sip of my drink, feeling it burn as it slides down my throat.

Then I decide to go check on them.

There she is, laying on the bed with pale skin, sleeping.

"You can go now." I dismiss the doctor, wanting her for myself at the time, not looking away from her.

He disappears, leaving us alone.

I take a seat beside the mattress, spreading my legs.

I push a strand of strawberry red hair behind her ear.

I am so close to her, I could feel her scent that I close my eyes and inhale deeply, letting it devour me from the inside.

I open my eyes as I trace her features,  delicate and smooth, realising how gorgeous she is.

I run my knuckle over her cheek.

Then I shake my head, not recognising what the fuck I am doing, I sit back normally.

Despite it, I slip her small palm between my massive one before I sense her finger's movement.

I put it gently on the bed.

Valentina wiggles her fingers, making me aware that she is waking up, finally.

She slowly opens her eyes, arching her eyebrows in confusion, she looks around lazily.

When her eyes meet mine, she stops dead in her tracks.

As she stares at the machine connected to her veins, realisation sinks into her face.