Human Cars

Dean was pacing inside the motel room he and Sammy had checked into, running his hands through his hair. They had looked all over town for Baby with no luck. Just like all the other cars that had gone missing, it was like their car had just disappeared into thin air. Sam was sitting at the small table on his laptop, doing more research.

"That's weird," the taller Winchester mumbled.

"What? What's weird?" Dean growled, rounding on his brother.

"I found this blog. It's written by someone here in town, and they've talked about all the John and Jane Doe's that have been showing up."

"So?" Dean snapped exasperatedly.

Sam glanced up, fixing his older brother with a glare before staring back at his screen.

"According to this, about an hour before each of the mystery people turned up dead, someone local was murdered."

"O-kay?"

"The weird part is the way they all were murdered. It was like every one of them was run over by a car while they slept in their beds."

"Run over by a car?" Dean's brow furrowed.

"While they slept, yeah," Sam nodded.

"Do you, uh, remember any of the sequences on those tats from the mystery bodies?"

"Um, maybe, why?"

"I wanna try something."

Dean walked over, taking the laptop from Sam and opening a new tab.

"Okay, hit me."

"Um... 604 ADU."

"Ah ha!" Dean exclaimed as he hit search.

He turned the laptop so Sam could see the screen.

"It's a license plate number?"

"It's a license plate number," Dean repeated, nodding.

"But that means-"

"Human cars. And I bet you anything they're killing their owners."

"Which would explain the local deaths, but it doesn't explain why the cars are dead," Sammy shook his head.

"I dunno," Dean shrugged, turning the laptop back toward himself, "but I'll tell you one thing. If this is what happened to Baby, whoever's doing it is getting ganked six ways from Sunday."

---

Baby squirmed slightly, attempting to yank the tight black dress down lower on her legs. She had learned quickly why all the other cars were dressed so formally. As part of their 'training', they were required to dress up, just in case Mr. Puckett ever dropped in to check on them. Baby hated the getup. She had felt much more comfortable in the jeans and flannel she had been in when she first woke up.

The dress she wore now was short, ending just above her knees and hugged her a lot more than the jeans had. It had long sleeves and a swooping neckline that showed off some of her cleavage. There was basically no back to speak of, although it did cling to her lower back and butt. Her least favorite thing, however, had to be the shoes. Gone were her simple ballet flats and instead she wore black stiletto heels. It was practically impossible for her to walk in them, and it was driving her insane.

'Dean would never make me wear these,' she thought bitterly, playing with the amulet that still hung around her neck.

It was the one thing she had managed to convince Luke to let her keep when he had given her the outfit to change into. As long as she was a prisoner with the other cars, the necklace was all she had of Dean and the outside world. It comforted her to have one thing that could remind her of who she was and who she belonged to.

"Wow, Paula, you look amazing," the yellow Porsche, Sunny, smiled.

"Indeed you do," Elliot, the Jaguar, agreed, coming over.

He lifted her hand to his mouth, kissing the back of it as his silver-grey eyes glinted at her.

"Th-Thank you," Baby stuttered, feeling warmth in her cheeks.

She knew how beautiful she was as a car thanks to how well-maintained Dean kept her over the years, and it only made sense that the same could be said now that she was human. Thinking about Dean, her hand went again to finger the amulet at her neck, wondering if he would ever figure out what had happened to her.