Calling in the Angel

"I... I don't..." Baby shook her head in defeat. "I don't remember."

Sam's shoulders slouched in disappointment as he moved back to the table that was littered in his research.

"That's okay, Baby," Dean gave his car a sympathetic smile. "We'll figure it out."

"I'm sorry," the young woman muttered guiltily, refusing to meet her owner's gaze.

"Hey, look at me."

When she still refused to look up, the elder Winchester put a finger under her chin, forcing her head up and her tear-filled eyes to meet his.

"You don't have to apologize. We're going to figure this out and get you back to how you should be, understand me?"

"Y-yeah," she nodded her head as she fought to keep the tears from falling.

Dean wrapped his arms around her then, pulling her close in a tight embrace. The young woman buried her face in his chest, hands fisting in his jacket as her body shook with sobs. There was just the slightest purr of an engine humming in her shaking body and it made the Winchester smile slightly. It had been a long few days without his Baby, and it was good to finally hear her familiar engine, even if she wasn't exactly in the same condition he lost her in.

"Okay, while it's great to have the car back, we still have no idea how to change her back. Or who's doing this," Sam spoke up from the table.

"You can't find anything about it?" Dean asked him.

Sam shook his head as Baby pulled away from Dean, giving him a grateful smile as she headed over to look at the laptop and papers strewn across the table over Sam's shoulder.

"No, I can't. I went back two months and looked for anything suspicious that began when the timeline started, but there's nothing. Whoever is the mastermind behind this seriously doesn't want to be found."

The Impala's brow furrowed as she examined Sam's research, thinking.

"Have you guys called Castiel for help?" she inquired.

The brothers shared a look, surprised their car had thought of it before they did.

"Uh, no, we haven't," Dean mumbled. "We should, um... we should do that."

A slight blush colored his cheeks as he pulled out his phone to call the angel. A smirk played across Baby's lips as she rolled her eyes at her owner's embarrassment. While Dean spoke quietly on the phone, Sam turned to face the car-turned-human.

"So, our weapons and things..."

"They're still in my trunk if that's what you're wondering," the girl told him innocently.

As if to prove her point, she reached behind her, producing a shotgun seemingly from nowhere. Sam stared at it for a moment before nodding.

"Okay then," he mumbled, looking back at the table.

Baby slipped the shotgun back where she had pulled it from, picking up one of the pieces of paper from the table. Her silver-grey eyes scanned the words on the page, worry growing in her expression. When a sound akin to the fluttering of wings met her ears, she threw the paper back on the table and turned to see a dark haired, blue eyed man in a rumpled suit under a tan trench coat.

"Hello Dean. Sam," the man said in a gruff voice, eyes trained on Baby.

"Hey, Cass. Thanks for coming," Dean greeted the angel.

"Of course. I always come when you call, Dean," the angel turned his gaze to the hunter.

"Uh, r-right," Dean shifted uncomfortably. "So, um, we need some help with this case."

"What are you dealing with?"

"That's just it," Sam spoke up. "We have no idea."

Cass tilted his head curiously, eyes squinting as he processed Sam's words.

"And she's our only lead," Dean added, gesturing to Baby.

"Not much of one considering I can't remember anything," she mumbled.

Dean gave her another sympathetic smile, shaking his head slightly to remind her that he didn't care about that.

"Interesting," Cass uttered, taking a step closer to the young woman. "You aren't... you right now, are you?"

"N-no, I'm not," she stuttered, taking an involuntary step away from the angel.

"That's what we need to figure out," Sam informed him. "Who's changing cars into people so that we can change her back."

"And you need my help to do that," Cass tore his gaze from the car briefly.

"Mm-hm," Baby nodded.

"You said you couldn't remember how this happened?"

"How it happened, where I've been the last few days..."

She glanced guiltily at Dean once more before looking back at Cass. He continued to study her for a moment before moving in closer.

"I'm not sure if this is going to work," he began, but didn't continue as he put two fingers to her forehead.