More Bodies

The Impala was pacing the motel room floor, fingers running through her charcoal waves in much the same fashion Dean had been right before he and Sam had figured out the mystery bodies were cars and they were murdering their owners. Ever since the phone call with Castiel, the brothers couldn't get her to calm down. Dean had had her get the police scanner from the glove compartment and they'd been listening in for any sign of Elliot or anything else related to the human cars.

"Report: We have just received a call for a code 187 at 314 Bleecker St," a woman's voice finally spoke through the speaker.

The trio exchanged a look as a series of '10-4s' and 'roger thats' came through in response to the report.

"Do you think it's..." Dean trailed off as he noticed the look of resolve in Baby's eyes.

After changing into their FBI threads, including Baby, the three hurried out the door, climbing into a rental car Dean had decided to get earlier in the day. Thinking they'd need a better way of getting around town than walking, and figuring Baby needed more clothes to wear, he had run a few errands before the incident with the ball occurred. When they reached 314 Bleecker Street, several police cars and an ambulance were already parked outside. They climbed out of the car and headed toward a couple of officers who were keeping watch outside.

"Officers. Agents Simmons and Russo. This is our consultant, Paula Smith," Sam greeted them as the boys flashed their fake IDs. "Can you tell us what happened here?"

"Poor guy was murdered in his bed," one of the officers shook her head. "It's strange, like the others."

"You mean the ones where it appeared the victims were run over by a car in their beds?"

"Yeah," another officer nodded in confirmation. "Never seen anything like it."

"By any chance did the victim have a green 1992 Jaguar XJS V12 Convertible that went missing?" Baby inquired.

"Actually, yes he did," the first officer said.

"Thank you," Dean nodded.

The trio headed back toward the rental car, climbing inside.

"So if the pattern stays true, Elliot's body should show up in the next hour or so," Dean said, starting the car.

"But why?" Baby demanded. "Why do the cars die after they kill their owners?"

"That's what we need to find out. And figuring out who Mr. Puckett is is the first step," Sam looked back at the Impala in the backseat.

---

Another John Doe had turned up two blocks away from Bleecker Street. The boys offered to go by themselves, but the Impala insisted on going with them. So, when they entered the morgue and Layla pulled out the dead body of a handsome man who appeared to be in his late 30s with light brown hair styled like Dean's, the elder Winchester was prepared for when Baby turned away, hiding her face in his chest as her body shook with silent sobs and the familiar purr of her engine met his ears.

"...he was nicer to me than the others," her words echoed in his ears as he stared at the dead car in front of them.

He shared a look with Sam, silently communicating with each other. Stepping out of the room, Sam pulled out his phone, dialing up Cass.

"I'm sorry, Baby," Dean whispered, one hand running over her hair comfortingly as he held her.

The only response was the faint purr of her engine as she continued to cry into his chest. He made a promise to himself then: he was going to find Mr. Puckett and he was going to make him suffer for the pain he had caused Baby.