New Plan

"Well, that was a bust," Dean grumbled, ripping his jacket off and throwing it on his bed.

"That was a fake accent," Baby informed the brothers.

"What?"

"His accent. It was fake. He didn't sound anything like that when he was talking to me when I first turned," she explained.

Dean kept his back to her, not acknowledging her words as Sam continued to speak with her.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Fake accent, and he's keeping information to himself."

"Okay, so we need a new plan," Sam nodded, looking over at his brother.

"Great idea, Sammy. And what do you suggest we do?" the elder Winchester asked sarcastically.

"That's it. One of you needs to tell me what happened this morning right now."

"Why?" Dean asked.

"You can't even look at her, Dean. Yesterday you couldn't take your eyes off her. What the hell happened this morning?"

It was silent as Sam looked from one to the other, waiting for a response from one of them.

"He pulled a gun on me," Baby said quietly.

"Hey, you're the one who climbed in bed with me!"

"You grabbed my wrist and pulled me onto the bed!"

"You said you were going to sleep on the couch!"

"I did go to sleep on the couch! And then you and Sammy woke me up with your nightmares again!"

"So you climbed into my bed?!"

"No, you idjit! I was beside your beds singing and you GRABBED MY WRIST AND PULLED ME INTO BED WITH YOU!"

Silence fell once more as green eyes glared into silvery-grey ones, neither person willing to back down, yet equally unwilling to break the tense silence.

"You sang to us last night?" Sam asked in a soft tone.

"It calmed you down," Baby shrugged. "You relaxed after one song, but he took longer, which is why I was close enough that he could grab me. Before that, I was just sitting on the floor between the beds."

Another bout of silence enveloped the room, only broken by the familiar sound of wings.

"Any luck with the mechanic?"

"No, he's hiding something from us," Sam shook his head.

"How do you know?" the angel inquired.

"Baby said he was faking his accent."

"So now we have to come up with a new plan," Dean growled, still glaring at Baby.

"I could keep an eye on him," Cass suggested, "and alert you to any suspicious activity he may take part in."

"That sounds like a great idea, Cass," Baby said, not breaking her gaze from Dean.

"Did I miss something?" the angel asked, looking at the car and owner.

"Nothing important, no," Sam shook his head. "Why don't you fly over to the mechanic's shop and keep an eye out for us?"

Once Cass had disappeared once more, Sam sighed.

"Seriously, guys, you gotta move past this if we're going to get any work done."

There was a beat before Dean rolled his eyes, turning away from his car and heading over to the table of research.

"This isn't over," he muttered as he pulled the laptop toward him and opened it up.