xlviii

real life

what was she supposed to say?

hi, timothee, here's my boyfriend. he's the one i've started dating after i found out about you and jj. yes, i know how i said i didn't have feelings for you... no... this doesn't change anything. yes, i know you are dating jj.

her whole mind was a fucking whirlwind, and asa did not know how to function. on top of that, she wanted to make sure everyone, especially arlo and matthew, to like davis. she didn't want them to think he was just there for the ride, and would likely get off at the next stop, no. it wasn't like that. and it would never be like that.

at least she hoped.

she just wanted everything to be okay.

but that's difficult when everything isn't, and she was the one who caused it, like a—

"fucking bitch!" asa's head swiftly turned to the source, seeing a pair of blondes marching their way towards her on the street, completely ignorant of the bustling new york city around them, not to mention the three british boys with their eyes widened at the sight of two loud, cursing women making their way towards the quartet.

"asa gubler, get your ass over here!" the second blonde screamed, a distinct irish accent almost ricocheting against the busy street.

"saoirse!" asa squealed, running towards the two, engulfing them both in a hug, in a similar ignorant manner, as people pushed past the grinning girls in order to arrive at their destination.

"is she the only who gets a greeting?" asa held tighter as alice spoke, feeling a rush of emotions taking over her. last time she saw the two and she was here, the weather was warming up from the cold winter and spring, but now the weather was supposedly dropping, thought it felt the same to her. everything was changing without her, it seemed

"oh, heavens, i missed you guys so much." asa mumbled, pulling away from the two girls, a pool of tears welling in her eyes.

"heavens?" alice snorted, her face contorting. "you sound like you have been spending way too much time with those british." asa laughed, pulling up a hand to cover her mouth as the other wiped at her eyes.

"it's time i've got away from them," asa muttered. "never liked them anyway." asa choked, feeling herself get dramatic again.

"that's just plain rude." a voice chuckled behind asa, suddenly reminding her why she was here.

"davis!" saoirse roared, throwing the boy into a hug, shocking him slightly. asa snorted at the sight, seeing davis' eyes widen as he held the girl up, her arms still latched around his shoulders. "welcome to new york!"

  "hi davis." alice smiled, laughing slightly at saoirse's greeting. "she's just a bit excited to meet you. we've heard a lot about you." alice winked, nudging asa slightly.

  "oh shove off." asa muttered, pushing herself closer to davis, who already had a grin on his face.

  "is that right?" davis chuckled, wrapping his arm around asa. "well it's great to meet you guys." saoirse smiled at the two, slyly looking at asa, who could tell in an instant what she was thinking; she approved.

"oh, by the way, this is declan and james." asa smiled, turning to the other two boys, who made their way up to the group. alice and saoirse instantly began to introduce themselves, and asa could tell the group would instantly get along.

  "hiya!" declan waved as james did the same.

  "so what are you guys doing in new york? bringing our fair maiden, miss asa gubler, from your home land." saoirse teased, smiling at the boys.