ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ 4

After paying a deposit on the gas bill, I walked to Ralph's. A convient store ran by an old black couple. They had need around since my mama was a kid and made it a point to know everybody in the neighborhood. They weren't the annoying type though to get all in your business, in fact they were cool always throwing in free stuff with whatever you bought . As soon as I walked in I was greeted by Mrs.Tammy Ralph she was sitting behind the counter looking at an Instyle magazine. "what's upper Naveah? " She said barley looking up from her magazine. I chuckled "up, Mrs. Ralph just up and nothing much is Mr.Ralph back there? " I asked touching my growling stomach. A homemade chicken sandwich, fries and a strawberry pop sounded delicious.

" Yep, hes back there now whipping up a fresh batch of chicken and fries we could see you coming from down the block with that big ole poof ball on your head " She joked . Even though the joke was about my very expensive weave I had to laugh " you wrong Mrs. Ralph is he really? Im hungry. " I said walking away from the counter to grab a few snacks. I walked down the ailse I'd been avoiding and stopped when I got in front of that test. I swallowed a huge lump in my throat. was it to soon? what would I do? did I even want to know? what would I do? should I get it here. I reached out to grab it, but when I heard my name I quickly jerked my hand back. I looked up at my ex boyfriend Tyron and blinked rapidly hoping this was a bad dream and when I'd wake up he'd be gone. Each time I opened my eyes he was a inch closer, smiling that crocked smile that use to make me melt.

"what you doing here? " Tyron asked as if I didn't live in the neighborhood. I quickly walked up to him before he could see what I had been reaching for. I looped my arms through his, distracting him leading him to the front of the store. He looked confused by my sign of affection since we'd broken up 4 months ago because he 'couldn't deal with my drama ' the most I'd said to him was fuck you or you ain't shit. Seriously who leaves somebody because they going through alot?

"was just stopping by to get some snacks and food " I said holding up my animal crackers and frozen yogurt. He looked at my food and smirked "You and that weird ass appetite im suprised you not eating no hot chips and creme cheese " He said referring to my favorite snack.

I snapped my fingers "Thats what I was forgetting " I joked. He smiled but suddenly turned serious "where you been? I haven't seen you at school lately " Tyron was a senior at Center, the school I was supposed to attend regularly. I let out a sigh then slight chuckle "Busy dealing with drama "

He frowned lines creasing his tan forehead " Really , you just gone keep bringing that up? " He sighed " We were at different spots in life 'Vea " He said calling me by the nickname only he called me. I opened my mouth to speak but Suddenly a girl in leggings walked by. His eyes followed her every move focused on one area.

" See you ain't changed " I snorted in disbelief. How was this fool gone be trying to get with me and staring at another girls butt.

He chuckled " I'm a free agent "

I gave him a look and a half "And its gone stay that way or you gone end up with a rat until you learn to respect women " I replied just as Mr.Ralph came up with my food .