ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ 5

After paying for my food I was out. Tyron was behind me calling my name but I simply quickened my pace, it wasn't that I was mad that Tyron had looked at the girl, I just wanted to get away from everybody. "Yo Vea you walk fast girl " Tyron said as he grabbed me from behind. I turned around, "What? Why you following me? Go look at ol girls butt " I said playfully. He smiled pulling me into a hug that I didn't resist "I use to love it when you got jealous I love seein you flip " . I chuckled, pulling away "I bet you did. "

I began to walk again with him by my side silence between us. I was biting my cheek, a trait I did when I was thinking and I guess the cat had Tyrons tounge.

"Yo Naveah why you not at school? " He suddenly asked breaking me from my concentration.

"same reason you not " I said quickly. He laughed "So yo dad coming into town too? "

I rolled my eyes " fool I know that yo dads dead, and you know mines is in jail "

He stopped , put his hands on his hips and rolled his eyes putting on a female voice he said, "Fool how you gone tell me about my daddy? "

I laughed, until tears came down my cheeks "I do not sound like that " He wrapped his arms around my waist walking behind me "you kinda do " He joked. We probably looked like fools trying to walk so close to each other but neither one of us wanted to let go . It was hard to admit that I missed this.

"My moms in the hospital " He whispered in my ear.

"What Mrs.Rodriguez? what happened ? " I pulled away from our embrace to look at him. He shrugged his shoulders putting his hands in his pockets "She been sick lately, so she went to the doctor and they found a lump on her breast " As he talked he said the words as if it pained him. I gasped "You lying " I knew he wouldn't play about something so serious, his mama was all that he had but I just found it crazy.

" Nope, she been in there two weeks " As he talked he looked ahead as if he were in his own world. I bit my cheek trying to think of something to say " Im sorry " I finally said lopping my arm through his. He took a while to respond "Its okay " His jaw was clenched and he seemed any where but okay. "Sometimes thinks happen we just cant control I know Mrs Rodriguez gone make it through, she strong. raised you all by herself " I reached up and pinched his cheek causing him to unwillingly smile. "Since she been in there I been thinking about you and how bad things happen to good people. I wasn't there for you when you needed me and it almost seem crazy for me to even ask you to be here for me " He said. "Boy, are you kidding me? Imma always be here " i said reassuring him. He pulled me into a hug and I tightly hugged him back. If he would've just seriously looked at me he would see that nothing had changed, I was still going through a lot. Now more than ever. When we pulled apart I flashed a fake smile , and told him everything would be okay.