fifteen,

1/23/21

I gotta be honest here. Not many things annoy me. Not many people annoy me either. I'd like to say I'm a pretty patient person for the most part, but when it comes to Lee Felix, I want to put some duct tape over his mouth.

For more context, Felix is my neighbor. He has been ever since he moved here with his brother from Australia. His brother, Chan, never bothers me really. In fact at school, he always greets me in the halls, because he's so kind hearted from what I've heard. I believe he is just that genuine from what I've experienced with him. I don't know if he knows we're neighbors, but I sure as hell hope Felix doesn't.

But Felix on the other hand, regarding his character, shall I say...a nuisance?

We're total opposites. I'm quiet, he never knows when to shut up. I read and write, he plays video games. I'm shy, he's outgoing. I guess all of these qualities can have their perks, but I cannot spot Felix's perks even up close.

It really sucks that I have to also live near him. Having classes with him is almost unbearable, especially since he always likes to joke around and be the one who captures attention. And living near him as well is almost like having that baggage glued to you 24/7. I can't escape this boy for the dear life of me!

Today we got assigned to work together for a short assignment and I can almost physically feel the pain of working with that guy. He started asking me so many personal questions that it made me feel slightly overwhelmed. I would answer to be polite, but it didn't change the fact that he was striking every nerve he could in one sitting.

He asked me when my birthday was and I told him September 14. He actually screamed in my ear and I slapped my hands over my ears, because previously mentioned, loud noises trigger me and my anxiety. I got a little angry asking why he screamed in my ears. He said he was born on September 15 and that we were basically birthday twins. Yay I guess?

I really wish that boy would get a clue that he doesn't need to be so loud. Some of us find it really irritating. I am that some of us.

So here Minho was, walking to Chan's house. He could ask Chan where the boy lived and if he knew who he was. His search would finally be over!

That is, if he knew Jisung was his neighbor.

The boy shoved his hands in his pockets and bit his lip thinking about finally returning that diary and getting it off his hands. The guilt had been gnawing away at his conscious since it's taken so long to bring back the diary.

Minho stepped onto Chan and Felix's doorstep and rang the doorbell. As he rocked back and forth on his heels, the younger brother of Chan yanked the door open with a wide smile. "Minho hyung!" Felix yelled as he threw himself into the elder's arms. Minho groaned at the weight piled on him so suddenly but nonetheless wrapped his arms around Felix. The boy wasn't lying when he said Felix was a very loud presence.

"Hi Felix, please let go." Minho wheezed out.

Felix giggled and pulled away. "It's just been a long time. Do you want a drink? It seems you've walked here, oh my god you walked in this heat? I should get you some water. Lukewarm or cold? Actually that's a dumb question, why would you want something other than-"

"Felix! Calm down I'm okay." Minho reassured. "I need to see Chan. Can you send him down here? I'll be quick."

"Oh okay, I'll get Chan hyung for you." Felix spoke quite fast. The freckled boy ran around his house to reach Chan's room.