seventeen,

double update time >:)

—-

Before Minho read the next entry, he went to his kitchen to grab himself a glass of water. He pattered back to his bedroom and placed the glass down on his desk. He slumped back in his chair and snatched the diary, flipping through the pages to find where he left off.

Minho sighed in disappointment, seeing the next entry was the same day he found the diary. At least there's one more.

Minho put his elbows on the desk and cupped his cheeks with his hands, diverting his attention to the book in front of him.

1/31/21

Dear diary,

Today could've possibly been the most terrific day of the school year. My crush, Lee Minho, not only ran into me but spoke to me! It makes me feel... discombobulated at the fact he now knows my face and he knew my name as well!

Minho's eyes bulged at the first paragraph. His heartbeat was raging and pumping so hard, he could feel it all throughout his torso. If he was drinking his water at that time, he surely would've spit out the water.

I know who it is? And he has a crush on me?

He's so lovely to talk to. His voice is so graceful and soft when he talks, it's almost like hearing a siren lure you in. His skin is so clear and spotless, and it has a golden-like glow to it. And his smile, gosh it's so alluring. It's like he could smile and all will be well in the world. His eyes might be a darker color but they're very dazzling and shiny, I could really stare into them all day. They're also very feline shaped, which makes him even more stunning. And his dainty, little nose; it's as if it was sculpted by the gods above. It might be a smaller nose, but it was sharp and came to a nice point, he could cut the air into shards.

I know this sounds all very creepy but it's so easy to admire him from afar. Looking at him face to face for the first time in a closer distance made the admiration in my heart for him grow.

Minho's cheeks grew hot reading the last two paragraphs. His mind was screaming so loudly it was hard to focus. Minho smiled at his words. He felt so flattered and excited to read the rest.

Of course, with my clumsy self, I crashed into him rushing to class. I had my nose stuck in a book, quite literally, while practically running in the halls. After we bumped into each other, I fell pretty hard on the floor. When I hit my head and saw Minho peering down on me, I thought I might've had a concussion from the fall and that I was seeing things, but thank heavens I wasn't.

Wait a second...

This sounds so familiar.

And he knew my name! He said "Jisung, right?"

Minho shut the book in a panic. He pushed his feet on the floor to send his rolling chair further away from his desk. He blinked in amazement and almost laughed at the irony presented in front of him.

Jisung. Han Jisung.

It's been him all along.

Minho gulped dry and stood up to once again pick up the diary. He wasn't sure what the buzzing feeling was in his stomach. Was it because he finally found who the diary belonged to or was it because it was specifically Han Jisung, who's been in front of him all this time?

The boy he's come to admire.

Minho's brain was finally putting all the puzzle pieces together, and suddenly everything became crystal clear. Everything made sense.

Minho once again flipped through the pages. Once he found the page he was looking for, he held the diary with a deathly grip.

Now, I'm no popular kid in this school, and I've only watched Minho from a distance. Or instead of watching, I would say lovingly gaze from behind. That sounds much better, yes.

I've had a few classes with Minho but I never thought he'd know who I ever was. I am the introverted kid that sits in the back that reads for fun. Why would anyone know who I am if I don't put it out there? But Minho did, and it made my heart flutter, like a butterfly feverishly flapping its wings.

Minho smiled sheepishly to himself. His heart almost gave out thinking about the fact that Jisung had such feelings for him. The happiness bouncing around inside him was extremely hard to contain.

Minho was so polite and even found my book in the hall when I thought I lost it. He spoke with no venom laced in his voice. He didn't seem mad at all that I crashed into him just cause I was reading a book. It makes my feelings inside grow for him even more knowing he's entirely

Minho blinked at the last paragraph.

I'm entirely what?

He began to feverishly flip through the pages, almost tearing them in the process. There was no ending to his sentence, and Minho was struggling to accept that Jisung never finished the entry. He scrunched his face in frustration.

Minho scoffed and put the diary down, upset that Jisung did not finish writing what he was going to say. He walked to his bed and flopped on it, making lots of incoherent noises that were muffled by the blankets.

His mind was hardly wrapping around the fact that the diary owner was in fact Han Jisung, the boy he began to have feelings for the minute he crashed into him. He was especially having a hard time comprehending that Jisung reciprocated these feelings.

Minho smiled to himself. Maybe I can ask him out and tell him everything I like about him. I want to tell him how adorable he is when he gets so flustered around me and that his chubby cheeks get so red and-

The happiness radiating off the boy began to falter. His heart started to ache remembering the few entries of Jisung talking about his insecurities. Minho wanted to kiss him all over his face and tell him how much he deserved love and how Minho wanted to be the one to provide it to him. He wanted to hold Jisung and run his hands through his beautiful chestnut hair, whispering sweet nothings to him all the while.

Minho wanted to be the one to show Han Jisung his worth and importance.

Minho brain stormed about all the ideas he had to finally confess his feelings for Jisung, until he realized the diary was still in the picture.

How will I give it back to him? How do I tell him why it took so long to give it back? Does he even realize he didn't write his name on the front?

Minho stared at the diary on his desk that has now been entirely read through. He struggled to come to the conclusion on how to give it back.

Maybe I'll just keep it until I figure it out.

~~~

OKAY MINHO KNOWS NOW

what do you think will happen next? :)