twenty two,

"Okay class, go to your partners please." Ms. Young's voice rang out, not bothering to give the class her full attention and gaze.

Minho bit his lip, trying to contain the joy that was pouring out of his honey toned skin. He always thought writing class was a bore, but once he began working on the project with Jisung, he was anxiously waiting for writing class to start and prayed for it to never end.

It was just more of an excuse to be around the other boy.

Minho swiftly stuffed all his things into his bag to get to Jisung faster. Jisung, who had been trying to subtly watch him, had giggled at Minho who was struggling to get all his stuff together. Minho rushed over to the seat next to Jisung, and both boys moods had been boosted with their smiles radiating.

"Hi Hyung." Jisung giggled.

"Hello to you too Jisung." Minho chirped as he happily took a seat next to the boy. "So what did we want to think about today?"

"Uh, I was thinking we just have some conversation? See where our minds lead us?" Jisung clicked his pen as he looked at Minho, curiosity painted across his face.

Minho nodded his head in content. "Yeah sure."

"So!" Jisung set his pen down on his desk and leaned back, immediately feeling comfortable in his space. "What do you think of waterfalls?"

Minho scoffed in a laughing manner, not expecting Jisung to bring up such a descriptive topic. "Waterfalls?"

"Yes, waterfalls."

"Why so specific?"

"Like I said," Jisung shrugged his shoulders nonchalant. "See where the conversation leads us."

"Pssssh uh I don't know, they're kinda scary." Minho mumbled.

"What?" Jisung exclaimed loudly, which scared a few students. Jisung looked around slightly embarrassed that he brought unwanted attention upon himself. "Sorry." Jisung sheepishly spoke, sinking back into his desk chair. "But really, why would you say they're scary? They're absolutely beautiful!"

"Imagine falling down one? If you were in a boat then suddenly you're falling with water crashing down on you and-" Minho was interrupted by a violent shiver ranging throughout his body. "It's just a scary thought."

"I've never thought of it that way." Jisung lightly shook his head. "I like to take in the beauty of it. Nature itself can be pretty fascinating when you think about it."

"So you're into science I assume?" Minho raises a brow.

"Ehhh, in a sort of way, yes. I think I just appreciate nature and its processes, it's truly amazing! Like how life works is such a crazy concept of growing and dying, how everything in a body works together to stay alive and well, how life itself creates other life. It's a little mind blowing once you think about it enough."

"Wow Sung...have you ever thought of taking biology?" Minho snickered.

"Yeah, of course. If writing doesn't work out in my favor, I'd love to be a scientist of some sort, mainly in the biology field. Maybe working with animals?"

"Oh, you love animals?"

"Who doesn't? Do you?"

Minho's eyes suddenly shone bright like fairy lights glowing in a dimly lit room. It's like Jisung had pressed a small button inside the older, signaling him to go into an entire speech. "I love cats. I have 3 actually!"

"Whoa! What are their names?"

"Soonie, Doongie, and Dori. All males."

Jisung's head sinked further into his hand, as if they melded together. Something about hearing of Minho's cats made Jisung's heart soar in his chest. As if he thought the older couldn't be any softer, he was constantly proven wrong.

"What do they look like?"

Minho's smile had grown somehow even wider at Jisung's curiosity for his cats. He dug around though his backpack for his phone. "I'll show you pictures."

Minho finally retrieved his phone from the bottom of his bag. He went to his photos and knew he didn't have to scroll very far up due to him constantly snapping photos of the cats.

"Here they are. Soonie is the more orange cat with the white patch on his nose, he's also more fluffy than the other two. Doongie is the more white cat with an orange patch on his nose, the opposite of Soonie. Dori is the only grey cat. He's a little small because he's young, but he's been growing pretty fast already."

"May I?" Jisung gestures towards Minho's phone, asking if he could take it to further look at the cats. Minho only nodded and Jisung giddily took the phone to admire the three cats. "How did you get them? A shelter?" Jisung questioned as he zoomed in on the fur babies.

Minho shook his head. "No, not at all actually. Soonie was abandoned when I found him, so I took him in. I got Doongie from a friend. That friend's cat gave birth to kittens and Doongie was one of them. And well with Dori, I adopted him off an abandoned cats website. He's the youngest of them all."

Jisung could swear his eyes almost filled with tears as he heard the elder talk to lovingly of his cats and his he saved them. He truly never understand how someone could be so caring, but he thanked God every second for placing Minho in his life, especially being able to talk to him. Jisung wanted to learn every detail Minho had hidden in his brain, as if he could nitpick every little line and smudge on a drawing.

Jisung had Minho's portrait painted inside his mind, yet the more he learned about him, the painting became a little more in depth and slightly more beautiful than before.

"Minho hyung, that's absolutely beautiful." Jisung softly spoke, the sounds waves brushing through Minho's ears.

Minho couldn't help but blush, and the blood immediately rushed to his cheeks. "Thank you Jisung."

"Do you mind if I write everything down?"

Minho quickly shook his head. "No, of course not. Write whatever you need."

Jisung nodded contently as he bent down to reach for his bag. He rummaged around for his binder filled with a large amount of loose leaf papers. Jisung hummed a Twice song to himself as he grabbed his binder and began to write the information Minho handed to him.

Minho peeked over Jisung's shoulder to see what he was writing before something caught his eye. "Do you write poetry?"

Jisung's eyes became the size of the moon in the sky as he slapped his hands over the scribbled paper. "No- yes- I mean yeah but- I don't-"

"Jisung it's okay if you do. It seems like nice." Minho reassured the younger boy, rejoicing in his mind that the boy has finally dipped his toes into the water of poetry. He remembered Jisung mentioning it during his entries about poetry.

Which reminds me that I need to find a way to give it back.

"Do you think?" Jisung questioned in a serious manner.

"Yeah. I'd love to read it. Maybe you can read it to me?" Minho suggested, trying to slowly slip his foot through the door to Jisung's heart.

Jisung hesitated before nodding his head with a tiny smile. "Yeah. I want that."

~~~