Gap

Idea from @BAEKKIE_myluv with a little bit of inspiration from Taylor Swift's All Too Well short film 🤩

Warning: swearing. That's all.

--

When it was revealed to the public that Baekhyun and I were in a relationship, just few months after we started dating in secret, of course the reaction from fans and netizens were divided.

While a lot of fans showed support, some people believe that we won't last long. But their comments about our relationship only pushed me to be up for the challenge of proving them wrong.

That despite our nine-year age gap, we can make things work. It's not in how we differently think because of the huge number difference in our ages, nor either of us it too mature or immature for this relationship. We can get through every challenge because we wanted to be together, we only want each other. Simple as that.

Fortunately for me and Baekhyun, and unfortunately for those who dropped us - we lasted two years into our relationship. I admit it wasn't easy or perfect, love is supposed to be that way. There were times that we fought and days we couldn't see each other due to busy schedules. But it's what I wanted.

The hardships, I want to face them with none other than Baekhyun right beside me.

"Are you ready?"

With a pursed-lips smile, I nodded at Baekhyun before moving my gaze to the road ahead of us.

An upstate escape.

After my manager told me that I don't have any schedules for the next three day, I quickly travelled for three hours just to get to Baekhyun as he and the rest of EXO are filming something in this place. Now the cameras are turned off, the boys were told to rest or do everything they want. As for Baekhyun, it was a time for us to get away from everyone and spend the rest of the day together.

Our favorite song gently filled the car as we get far from where he's supposed to be at the moment. I was staring outside the window, admiring how buildings are slowly disappearing and trees are taking over when I felt his hand reaching for mine.

I looked at him and caught him stealing glances with a smile before lifting my hand, bringing it up his lips for a peck. It's always his affectionate touch that makes me blush even after two years of dating. And he do those every time to remind me that he knows it all too well.

Despite knowing nothing about this place and that we might get lost, he drove us as if he doesn't care wherever we go to. Soon, the car stopped in the middle of nowhere. I looked outside the window and saw endless of trees, leaves falling down and had covered the walkway that leads to a nearby lake.

I took my time admiring the autumn scenery when Baekhyun spoke, "I know this is not your ideal date but I just want to be alone with you."

"Are you kidding me?" I turned to him, happiness all over my face. "This is beautiful, Baek. I always dreamed to be in a place like this, with you." then I took his face in between my hands, pulling him for a kiss.

Anywhere alone with him is all that I want.

----

It's Baekhyun's first time seeing his friends after years and I was given the chance to meet them for the first time when he invited them for a dinner at our place. I remember how I felt so nervous about meeting his friends and how I had planned to start a conversation if ever one of them comes up to me.