ii. THE WITCHES

JULY 19th, 1978
5:04 P.M.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit." The girl cursed as she ran through the woods, twigs and leaves snapping under her feet as she dodged the branches in her way, looking behind her to check if anyone was following, only to turn around and run straight into an arm, making her fall back onto the ground, coughing and gasping as the wind was knocked out of her from her fall.

She blinks rapidly, trying to get her vision to focus, bringing her hand up to her nose to see her palm stained red.

Her sight coming back into focus, she notices the three figures standing above her.

"You're gonna hang, witch." The one in the front sneers.

The other two grab her arms, making the redhead grunt and kick to try to get away, but then the third girl grabs her ankles, the girl still desperately trying to escape.

The drag her to the hanging tree, not far from where she ran, only to see another girl with her wrists tied as she watched the girl trying to get the ties off, but the fourth kid was holding her back.

The redhead yelped as they threw her on the ground next to the other girl, her wrists now tied. 

The group of four start to chant the curse of Sarah Fier, "Before the witches' final breath, she found a way to cheat her death. By cutting off her wicked hand, she kept her grip upon the land,"

The two girls share a look of desperation before struggling against the binds once more,

"She reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her evil slaves. She'll take your blood, take your head. She'll follow you until your dead."

They finish the chant and the male of the group pushes the girls down, both of them grunting with frustration.

"String them up." Sheila spat, and the boy pulled the ropes, making the two stand abruptly, both having a look of distress upon their features as the boy takes their ropes and throws them over a branch.

He pulls, making the rope rub against their wrists, "No, stop it!" The redhead yells as the burn is felt in her hands as her body weight is put on her wrists.

"Stop it! Stop!" The other girl pleads, both struggling to find a way to relieve the pain.

The male snickers before releasing the ropes just slighting so that their hands are tied above their heads, but their feet are still touching the ground.

"Let us down, you shits!"

"Let us down!"

The girls cry their complaints, both showing a tough shell to Sheila and her gang as they both squirm and twist, trying to get their hands out of the binds.

Sheila walks over to the pair, a sneer on her face. She stalks closer to the redhead and grabs a wad of money from her pocket. She then turns to Y/N and does the same, frowning when she finds nothing.

Sheila quickly shakes it off and turns back to the other girl. "Well, well. What do we have here?" She taunts, waving it around the girl who does her best to hold herself back.

"Goddamn thief!" One shouts at her.

Sheila clicks her tongue and shakes her head. "No, no, she's not the thief. She's possessed by the witch. Just like little Y/N's daddy." She sneers, "It's the only way to explain her psycho behavior." She taunts, coming close to the redhead.

Y/N watches with surprise as the girl yells, "Fuck you!" Before using her elbow to nail Sheila on the nose.

The goons gasp, and Sheila turns back to the girl with an enraged look on her face. "Guess we're even now." She seethes.