viii. THE HAND

JULY 19th, 1978
10:34 P.M.

The minutes ticked by as the two waited in the shadows, Ziggy standing in front of Y/N with her knife raised, her other arm extended to keep Y/N behind her, the protective stance making Y/N worry for the fact that she might not be able to help in the situation, not wanting Ziggy to get hurt trying to protect her.

A series of harsh knocks on the door makes the girls jump, certain that Tommy has now found them.

The knocks pause for a moment before suddenly a loud bang is heard, Tommy's axe trying to cut down the door.

They stay as still as possible as he unlocks the door, coming into the back room where their small closet is hidden.

Ziggy watches him through the small slits in the door, she watches as he walks past their hiding spot, his back turned to them.

Y/N's eyes widen as she pushes open the door and she tries to grab her back, but it's to late.

Ziggy holds up the knife to Tommy's back, when suddenly the music stops, just as Ziggy takes another step.

The floorboard creaks under her weight, snapping Tommy's attention. Ziggy let's put a yell as she lunges forwards with the knife, stabbing right in the center of his chest, making Y/N wince, then scream as Tommy proceeds to punch Ziggy across the face.

Y/N then runs up and plunges her knife into his abdomen with a yell.

Tommy flares his nostrils and rips the knifes out of himself and grabs Y/N's hair, his hands then moving around her throat and lifting her off the ground and slamming her back against the metal structure, making the girl choke and gasp for air.

Ziggy stands to her feet and panics at the scene before her, watching as Y/N desperately claws at Tommy's face and arms, trying to get them to loosen their grip. Y/N's screams and bloody gasps bring Ziggy back into action as she pulls an empty burlap sack out from the metal shelves and brings it down over Tommy's head, pulling on the back and effectively chocking Tommy and using the force to pull him off of Y/N.

Y/N falls to the ground with a hard grunt, coughing as she tries to regain her breath quickly enough to help the struggling Ziggy who sits on top of Tommy as she pulls the sack tighter around his neck, Tommy reaching behind him to try and knock her off. "Don't you dare touch her, you sick ass bastard!" She screams, just as Tommy throws his head back, hitting Ziggy square in the face and throwing her off of him.

Y/N scrambles for Ziggy as Tommy reaches his axe, the terrifying sight of the now masked killer before them.

Ziggy uses her remaining energy and pulls Y/N into her chest, backing up and forcefully shoving open the back door, the pair tripping as they try to get away, Ziggy's nose bleeding as well as Y/N, who as dried blood around her mouth from coughing it up, her neck now with a definite bruise.

Y/N screams as Tommy starts to chase them, his breathing ragged through the sack, making the panic rise in them as they hear it drawing closer.

Ziggy's hand slips from her grasp as Tommy kick the still weak Y/N to the ground, Ziggy letting out an blood-curdling scream as he raises his axe, starting the quick decent before he freezes, the sound of a life entering his chest sounds through the small space.

Ziggy grabs Y/N's shoulders and pulls her into her chest, cradling her head with her hands and blocking her view as she sees Cindy remove the blade.

Ziggy whimpers at the sight, hiding her face in Y/N's hair, the trembling girls not wanting to watch as Cindy stabs her ex-lover once more. "Fuck you!" Cindy yells, removing the knife as Tommy's body falls to the ground with a loud thud.